Are you switching from Outlook to Gmail and feeling anxious about losing your vital contact numbers? Don’t worry! Moving your contacts from Outlook to Gmail is pretty simple. It assists you in keeping all the important people you know saved in one place. In this guide, we’ll show you the easy steps to Export Outlook contacts to Gmail account without any trouble. Additionally, opt for the PST Converter to do so. If you have already backup your Outlook contacts in a PST file. Now, we’ll discuss a user query for the same.
“Sarah works for a company that’s changing the email management they usually use. They used to use Outlook for emails, but now they want to start using Gmail. As part of this change, people like Sarah have to move their contact lists from Outlook to Gmail. However, this helps them keep all the vital people and business information they need, like their client’s contact details. As a result, they can stay in touch easily even with the new email system.”
How to Transfer Contacts From Outlook to Gmail Manually?
Getting your contacts from Outlook into your Google Account Contacts might seem a bit tricky, but we’ve got a simple two-step solution for you!
Step one involves taking all your contacts or groups from Outlook and making a file. Then, in step two, you’ll put that file into your Google Address Book.
For the first step, if you want to do it manually, have Outlook installed on your computer. But if you prefer the same way without Outlook, there’s another method that doesn’t need the Outlook application.
Step 1: Export Contacts from Outlook:
- First, open the Outlook email application on your local system.
- After that, click on the “File” tab >> “Open & Export” option.
- Then, choose the “Export to a File” option.
- Further, select “Comma Separated Values” and click the “Next” button.
- Pick the contacts you want and choose where to save the file. In short, it will be the file you’ll use to import to Gmail.
As the upper section has discussed, it will help users to export Outlook contacts to Gmail.
Step 2: Import Exported Contacts into Gmail:
- First, open the Gmail contacts on your local screen.
- Next, click on the “Import” button.
- At last, find and select the CSV file you saved from Outlook.
- Wait for the Import process Done.
If you find these steps a bit complicated, there’s another way. You can use a third-party tool to help you with the transfer. There are some automated options available that can make this process easier for you. But before moving further, we will discuss some loopholes in performing this procedure.
Drawbacks of Accomplishing it Manual Solution
We’ve got some users problems they have faced when they need to Export Outlook contacts to Gmail manually.
- When you’re moving contacts from Outlook to Gmail by hand, sometimes the way they store information can be different. In short, when you move them, some details mightn’t end up in the right place. As a result, you can lose some information or have things in the wrong order in your contacts list.
- When you make groups for your contacts in Gmail, they organize contacts differently, using labels instead of folders. So, when you move Outlook contacts to Gmail, the groups mightn’t stay the same.
- Moving contacts from Outlook to Gmail by hand takes a lot of time, especially if you have bulky contacts or different groups of contacts to move.
- When you export Outlook contacts to Google Contacts by yourself, sometimes the pictures that are saved with your contacts can not move with them.
To overcome all the challenges, opt for the automated solution.
Also Read: Import PST File To Gmail Email Easily
Export Outlook Contacts to Gmail From PST File Using Professional Tool
Sometimes, users have a backup of their Outlook data in their local system and they want to export their Outlook contacts to Gmail. In such a scenario, they can use the PST Converter Tool to export your Outlook Contacts into Gmail. As a result, they don’t need to install the Outlook application again on the local system. They just need to export the PST file into VCF or vCard file. After that, they can effortlessly import them to Gmail. Now, we will discuss how to use the PST Converter tool.
Steps to Move Outlook PST Contacts to Gmail:
- First, download and install the PST Converter on your PC.
- After that, add the single/multiple PST files you have.
- Then, Mark and Preview the targeted contact files in a preview panel.
- Now, choose the VCF file format from the drop-down list.
- Further, set the destination path to save the resultant VCF File.
- Lastly, click the Convert button.
After converting your PST files to VCF format with 100% data assurance. Now, you have to import this VCF file to Gmail. Open Gmail Contacts > Click Import > Select the VCF file to import.
Always ensure that your exported contacts are saved in a secure location, and consider backing them up periodically to prevent any accidental data loss. If you want to secure your data, opt for a reliable solution. It will effortlessly export Outlook Contacts to Gmail.