Introduction to cPanel
cPanel is a control dashboard that works as an online Linux-based graphical user interface to simplify your website and server management. cPanel allows you to manage various operations such as publishing websites, managing domains, creating email accounts, effective organization of web files, FTP accounts, etc.
It also includes an email section that enables you to manage the email-related functionalities for your domain. Some of the popular web hosts using cPanels are Bluehost, HostGator, GreenGeeks, HostPapa, etc. However, with so much to offer, sometimes it requires extreme efforts to manage the cPanel account. Apart from this, it also has drawbacks in some areas that induce the requirement to migrate email from cPanel to Office 365.
Why Do Users Want to Migrate From cPanel to Office 365?
Just like other email programs, cPanel also has its pros and cons. It offers a wide range of features along with high compatibility and a user-friendly interface. Despite these advantages, it also consists of the following drawbacks that generate the need for cPanel to Office 365 migration.
- Inadequate Security Protocol: Some researches show that cPanel is vulnerable to brute force attack. Although it has two-factor authentication (2FA), it still requires frequent updates to prevent it from hackers.
- Costly License: This cPanel dashboard is available with a web hosting plan. Therefore, it has the highest license cost as compared to its competitors.
- Risk of Data loss or corruption: At the time of major updates, cPanel accidentally overwrites the server settings due to which there is a high chance of data loss. You need to perform the full disaster recovery in such a scenario.
Benefits of Using Microsoft Office 365
The growing trend of migrating emails from different traditional email clients to Office 365 is changing the way businesses work. It is one of the most prominent cloud environments that enhance the productivity of an organization. Therefore, most IMAP users already start to migrate IMAP to Office 365 admin center.
Following are some of its key benefits that support the demand to migrate email from cPanel to Office 365 mailbox.
- Flexible working environment: Migrating from cPanel to Office 365 allows your employees to work anywhere with only an internet connection required. Hence, it empowers businesses to allow flexible working with greater productivity.
- Additional Security to your business: Microsoft 365 offers some additional security features that make your business secure on a cloud premise. This robust application is accessed through SSL/TLS encryption that intercepts your files or communication from unauthorized access. Additionally, it conducts regular security audits to monitor suspicious activities.
- Provides the Large Mailbox Storage: This prominent cloud-based environment provides a huge storage capacity which allows your employees to keep their files and emails safely in the cloud environment.
- In-built data security and compliance: It is a need of an hour that your business must be data compliant. Microsoft 365 has been compliant with ISO 27001, SAS70 Type 1 and 2 audits. Thus, it facilitates you to always know about your data and who has the access to it.
After knowing the significant reasons behind this migration, let’s move on to the most effective methods to migrate email from cPanel to Office 365.
Method – 1: Direct Method to Migrate Email From cPanel to Office 365
This direct approach consists of a powerful IMAP Mail Backup Tool for secure and automated cPanel email migration to Office 365. You can download and install the best IMAP Backup Software that allows you to easily migrate the emails of any IMAP-supported email clients to Office 365. Apart from this, it also provides the following functionalities.
Robust Features of an IMAP Backup Tool
- This advanced utility has some extensive features that help users to optimize the whole migration process.
- It also provides the facility to migrate IMAP emails to Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo, Thunderbird, GoDaddy, and other popular email programs.
- You can backup IMAP emails locally by exporting them into PST, MBOX, EML, PDF, MSG, etc.
- Also, it is designed and developed under the expert’s supervision which makes it compatible with all the latest versions of Windows OS, including Windows 11.
Stepwise Procedure to Migrate Email From cPanel to Office 365
First of all, you need to download and install the best IMAP Mail Backup Tool. After that, execute the following steps to migrate from cPanel to Office 365.
- The first interface allows you to enter the cPanel webmail details that include username, password, IMAP Host, and Port No.
- Now, click on the Sign In button to access the file data of your cPanel email.
- Then, it shows the preview of the entire cPanel email data. Check on the folders that you want to migrate to Office 365.
- Click on the Next button and select Office 365 from the dropdown menu of the Saves/Backup/Migrate As option.
- Now, enter the credentials of your Office 365 Admin account and tap on the Sign In button.
- Here, you can select the additional options that help to optimize the cPanel to Office 365 migration process.
- Then provide the Custom Folder Name and click on the Convert button to start the process.
This direct approach is the most secure and authentic way to migrate email from cPanel to Office 365. Using the IMAP Mail Backup Software, you can easily backup and migrate the various IMAP-supported email clients to multiple file formats and email clients.
Method – 2: cPanel to Office 365 Migration Using Horde Webmail Client
This method is an alternate solution to migrate cPanel email to Office 365. In this method, first, you need to download the cPanel emails to your system using the Horde webmail client. Then you can import the downloaded file into your Office 365 account.
Let’s find out the steps involved in this process to migrate email from cPanel to Office 365 admin center.
- Go to your cPanel dashboard and sign in with your details.
- Now, click on the Email Accounts option.
- After that, you can select the Check email option from the Email Accounts panel.
- Now, opt for the Horde to open your mailbox items.
- After that, right-click on the desired email folder and select the Export option.
- Click on the Ok button to download the mailbox folder into an MBOX file.
After performing the above steps, your cPanel emails are downloaded to your system in MBOX format. Now, you need to import the MBOX file data into your Office 365 admin center.
Import the Downloaded cPanel data into Office 365 Admin Center
We know that Office 365 doesn’t allow users to directly import the MBOX file. For this, you need to convert MBOX files to PST format and then utilize the Drive Shipping method or perform the Azure AzCopy process to import PST files to Office 365 admin center.
However, you can also select the direct approach to import the MBOX file to Office 365 account. This approach includes an advanced MBOX Converter that is a comprehensive solution to convert and migrate the MBOX file data. This software is recommended to perform the migration of MBOX file data into Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, iCloud, and other popular email clients.
Also Read: How To Migrate Emails From CPanel To CPanel?
We have sturdy expertise in migrating email from webmail to a cloud-based environment. When it comes to migrating email from cPanel to Office 365, IMAP Mail Backup Tool is a leading backup software that provides a secure and complete migration experience. Unfortunately, the manual method to migrate email from cPanel to Office 365 is a complex task. Therefore, it is recommended to opt for an authentic and secure IMAP Mail Backup Tool for the cPanel to Office 365 migration process.