Nowadays, Hotmail is not an email service for business and for other purposes, but we can’t imagine a business without good email service. So the question of whether to migrate Hotmail to Office 365 accounts arises. This Hotmail to Office 365 migration is just like any other migration, but it’s important to remember that it is not an easy task if you are doing it manually. So if you are not an expert in handling this task, you might get stuck. But if you use the right tool, then there is no difficulty in Hotmail to Office 365 migration.
Note: It is recommended to opt for a safe and reliable Hotmail Backup Software to migrate Hotmail to Office 365. It allows users to backup and migrate the Hotmail emails to various file formats and email clients.
Migrate Hotmail to Office 365 Admin Center- Manually
In this section, we are going to discuss the best way to import Hotmail emails to Office 365 account. We are going to provide you with the step-by-step process to migrate Hotmail to Office 365 account.
Part 1: Configure Hotmail in Outlook
- Launch the Outlook application and navigate to the File tab.
- Click on the Add Account option and enter the email address that you want to configure.
- Then, tap on the Advanced Option and tick the box which lets you set up your account manually.
- After that, hit the Connect button and choose any type of account.
- Now, move to the Account Settings section, which already contains most of the settings.
- In the next step, enter the Outgoing and Incoming server settings. Click Next.
- At last, enter the Password and press the Connect button.
Part 2: Export PST File from MS Outlook
- Launch the MS Outlook app on your system and navigate to the File tab.
- Click on the Open & Export tab and choose the Import/Export option.
- Now, from the export wizard, choose the option Export to a File and press the Next button.
- After that, choose the option Outlook Data File and tap on the Next button.
- Here click on the Folder that you want to export and press the Next button.
- At last, Browse the location on your system to store the exported PST file and choose the option Replace duplicates with items exported. Click Finish.
After exporting the PST file from MS Outlook, you can connect your Microsoft Office 365 admin account with the Outlook application. This PST file also backup Hotmail emails to hard drive and secures the data of your Hotmail account.
Part 3: Setup Office 365 Admin Account to MS Outlook (Configured with Hotmail)
- Launch the MS Outlook application and navigate to the File menu.
- Click on the Add Account option and enter the email address of your Office 365 account. Choose the Advanced option.
- Then, ensure that the Let me set up my account manually option is Unchecked.
- After that, MS Outlook can recognize the exchange email account. Thus, you don’t need to set it up manually.
Part 4: Import Hotmail Emails (Exported as PST) to Office 365
- First, move to the File menu to choose the Open & Export option. Now, choose the Import/Export option to add the PST file to your Office 365 account.
- Now, in the import and export wizard, choose the option to Import from another program or file. Press Next.
- Then, select Outlook data file (.pst) and move to the next step.
- After that, click on the Browse button to locate the exported PST file and hit the Open to import it.
- Here tick the Do not import duplicate option and tap on the Next button.
- Finally, choose the folder to import from and press the Finish option to end the task.
The above process is a lengthy task. Thus, experts have suggested opting for the direct approach to maintain data security. In the next section, we are going to introduce the same.
Automated Approach to Add Hotmail to Outlook 365
Hotmail Backup Software is an outstanding utility to backup Hotmail emails. The software saves or backs up Hotmail emails into PDF, PST, MSG, HTML, EML, DOC, CSV, etc.
Also, this utility transfers Hotmail emails into Gmail, Yahoo, Office 365, IMAP, AOL, iCloud, and many more email services. Moreover, you can also extract email attachments from Hotmail and it runs on all the Windows versions including Windows 11.
Also read: Add Hotmail Account to Gmail
In the above post, we have explained different methods to migrate Hotmail to Office 365 accounts. We have discussed both manual and professional techniques. Users can opt for the best suitable method as per their choice. But if you are finding it difficult to upgrade Hotmail to Office 365, then we recommend you to use the perfect tool for you, that is Office 365 Migration tool.