Downloading Photos from your Google account to an external hard drive — may seem tedious. Sometimes, this work may be more challenging when you have a number of photos and albums. So Don’t panic at all! We are here to discuss the possible ways to backup Google Photos to Hard Drive.
In fact, all users know that Google Photos is a famous storage space for saving videos and photos. In addition, this application is also one of the most popular backup utilities. It has an easy-to-understand and excellent interface. Moreover, it has an advanced feature that Photos of Google permits you to search for the targeted images in a few seconds.
How to Backup Google Photos to Hard Drive?
We have three procedures to save Google Photos to External Hard Drive. You just need to go through and understand each solution.
Method 1: Save Data From Google Photos
Google Photos provide a web application that assists users in uploading and downloading photos effortlessly. In fact, you can use this web application accordingly to download a few files. Perform the below steps to know the solution.
- First, log in to your Google Account by mentioning your valuable credentials.
- Then, move to the Google Apps section and click the Google Photos icon.
- Now, choose the Photos you desire to save and click the More options.
- Next stage, click the Download button to back up all Google Photos to External Hard Drive.
At last, you can Download Google Photos to Hard Drive hassle freely in ZIP file format.
Method 2: Download Data Using Google Takeout
You can transfer Google Photos to External Hard Drive at once with the assistance of the Google takeout procedure. It lets you export the data which is in your Google account. Follow the below working Google Takeout solution to clear all your doubts.
- First, sign in to your Google Mail account by mentioning your Id and Password.
- Afterwards, go to the Profile Icon and click the Manage your Google Account button.
- Then, click the Download your Data option under the Data & Privacy tab.
- Next, remove all the item options and choose the Google Photos button. Click the Next button.
- After that, choose the Delivery Method as Send the Download Link via Email option.
- In the following step, pick the Frequency as Export Once and select the File Type & Size.
- Click the Create Export button and save your data by hitting the Download button.
- Now, mention your Gmail password and click on the Sign-in button.
- In the end, launch the mail from Google Takeout and download your files.
Here are the manual solutions to backup Google Photos to Hard Drive. Moreover, the above procedures have some limitations.
Drawbacks For Accomplishing Manually
- Time and energy consuming.
- High chance of data loss.
- The above procedures require technical expertise.
- Non-technical users face lots of difficulties.
Method 3: Backup Google Photos in Minutes – Automated Solution
To overcome all these circumstances, we have a professional way to save Google Photos to External Hard Drive. With the help of the Gmail Backup Software, you can effortlessly perform the backing-up process without losing data. In fact, users can save entire mailbox items, such as contacts, calendars, emails, and much more, locally. Additionally, you can also remove duplicate files before the downloading process. Now, we will learn the working of the software.
Steps to Save All The Data:
- Download and launch Gmail Backup Tool on your desktop.
- Then, mention the necessary credentials to login credentials.
- After that, choose Google Photos from the drop-down list.
- Here preview all the desired files you want to save locally.
- Now, select PDF file format from the drop-down menu.
- At last, click the Convert button.
The above approach will transfer Google Photos to External Hard Drive efficiently.
We have reached the end and would like to summarize the entire blog. We mentioned various procedures to backup Google Photos to Hard Drive. You can choose any of the solutions but make sure to opt for the best way.