Email is an integral part of our lives, and for many, Gmail has become the go-to platform for managing emails. But what if you’ve been using a different email client, like Outlook, and have a significant amount of data stored in PST files? Fear not, for in this guide, we’ll walk you through how to import PST to Gmail using the efficient solution, PST Converter.
Before we dive into the import process, let’s understand what PST files are. PST stands for Personal Storage Table, a file format. Microsoft Outlook is used to store emails, contacts, calendar items, and more. PST files are containers that hold your Outlook data, and you might have them stored on your computer or a network server.
Why Users Want to Upload PST to Gmail?
Many users who have been using Microsoft Outlook as their primary email client often find themselves contemplating switching to Gmail. But why would someone want to import their PST files to Gmail? The following section will discuss the common reasons for the same.
- PST files can become fragmented and scattered across various devices and accounts. When you import these files into Gmail, you’re consolidating your entire email history into one centralized location.
- Gmail is a cloud-based email service. In short, your emails and attachments are stored securely on Google’s servers. This cloud-based approach allows you to access your emails from anywhere with an internet connection.
- When you import PST to Gmail, you unlock a world of collaboration features seamlessly integrated into the platform.
- Gmail’s search not only scans email content but also recognizes keywords within attachments, making it a powerful tool for retrieving information.
- By importing your PST files into Gmail, you ensure that you are benefiting from the latest advancements in email technology.
Here are the common scenarios for opening PST files in Gmail. Now, we’ll look for the possible ways in the following section.
How to Import PST to Gmail?
The upcoming paragraphs will go through the two ways to open PST files in Gmail. First, we’ll perform the procedure manually and opt for the shortcut solution.
#1. Add PST File to Gmail Through GWMMO:
Let’s learn the steps for importing PST files into Gmail using the Google Workspace Migration for Microsoft Outlook (GSMMO) tool:
- Begin by downloading and installing the GWMMO tool on your computer.
- Now, open the GWMMO application you’ve just installed.
- Enter your Gmail email address and click “Continue” to proceed.
- Select the Gmail account where you want to bring in your PST files.
- Click “Allow” to let the tool access your Gmail account for the migration process.
- Choose the PST file you want to import by clicking on it, then hit “Next.”
- Customize how you want the migration to happen according to your preferences. Then, click “Migrate.”
- The tool will show the migration progress right on your computer screen.
- When the migration is finished successfully, a message will pop up. Click “OK” to acknowledge it.
- Finally, open your Gmail account and make sure all your PST items have been imported.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully imported your PST file into Gmail using the GSMMO tool. This process simplifies moving your Outlook data into Gmail so you can enjoy the benefits of Gmail’s features and accessibility. Moreover, the above procedure has some restrictions.
Drawbacks of Performing it Manually
- If you’re new to Gmail, using the GWMMO method might be confusing. Gmail’s interface is different from what you’re used to, making the process less user-friendly.
- You can only import Writeable PST files, not Read-Only ones. So, if your PST file is locked in Read-Only mode, this method won’t work.
- Importing PST files into Gmail happens one by one. If you have multiple PST files, you’ll need to go through this process separately for each file, which can be time-consuming.
- You can only use this method with one Gmail account at a time. If you have data spread across multiple Gmail accounts, you repeat the process for each account.
- To use the GWMMO method, you’ll need to download and install several programs, including GWMMO itself and Microsoft Outlook.
- Transferring PST files to different Gmail accounts is not a batch process.
- If anything interrupts the PST file import task, you’ll have to start over, which can be frustrating.
- While trying to add PST files to Gmail, you might encounter error messages like 0x80040109, 0x80041066, or 0x80070035. These can be frustrating to deal with.
To overcome all the scenarios, opt for an efficient solution.
#2. Import PST File to Gmail Directly
PST Converter is the most comprehensive and top-notch utility. It allows users to import PST to Gmail in bulk without data loss. Moreover, users are not required to install the Microsoft Outlook application on their local system. In fact, you can also skip the duplicate items before transferring to your Gmail account. You just need to go through the steps to know the workings of this efficient wizard.
Steps to Upload PST to Gmail:
- Start by downloading the PST Converter tool and then run it on your computer.
- Choose one or more PST files from your computer. These are the files you want to move to Gmail.
- Click the “Next” button to extract the contents of your PST files.
- In the software, look for the option that says “Save as Gmail” in the drop-down menu. Select this option.
- Now, type in your Gmail email address and password into the tool.
- After entering your Gmail details, click the “Login” button.
- Lastly, click the “OK” button.
That’s it! The Outlook PST Converter tool will take care of transferring your emails from Outlook PST to Gmail for you, and you don’t even need to have Microsoft Outlook installed. It’s a simple and efficient way to make the switch to Gmail.
In conclusion, migrating PST files to Gmail is a strategic move for improved email management, accessibility, and collaboration. Whether you choose Google Workspace migration or third-party tools, this guide has equipped you to Import PST to Gmail with the knowledge to make a smooth transition. Say goodbye to the limitations of PST files and embrace the power of Gmail for a more efficient email experience.