Gmail is also known as Google Mail. In fact, it is a popular way for users to send and receive emails through the net or wifi. It’s like a digital mailbox. Sometimes, people want to transfer emails from Gmail to Outlook. As a result, Gmail and Outlook don’t work together. Moreover, it’s a tedious task to manage both email clients at a time. Gmail Backup Tool is here that aids in moving Gmail to Outlook efficiently.
This blog will discuss numerous ways on how to transfer emails from Gmail to Outlook. Moreover, we will learn some common reasons for the same.
Why Need to transfer Gmail emails to Outlook?
Gmail and Outlook are email services that help you send and receive emails. Sometimes, people want to transfer their Gmail emails to Outlook for a few reasons:
- If someone uses Outlook for work or personal emails and wants to keep everything organized in one place, they might transfer their Gmail emails to Outlook.
- Having your Gmail emails in Outlook can act as a backup. If anything happens to your Gmail account, your emails are safe in Outlook.
In short, transferring Gmail emails to Outlook is like moving your messages from one email house to another. Besides, it makes easier to manage, switch services, and many more, using different options. Now, we will discuss the possible ways for the same.
How to Transfer Emails from Gmail to Outlook?
We have two solutions regarding how to transfer Gmail to Outlook. First, we’ll accomplish it manually and then perform it using the Gmail to Outlook transfer tool. You just need to stay focused.
Method 1: How to Transfer Gmail Emails to Outlook Manually
- Open your Gmail account.
- Click on the “Settings” gear icon in the upper-right corner.
- Go to the “See all settings” option > “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab.
- Under the “IMAP Access” section > “Enable IMAP.”
- Save your changes.
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- After that, click on “File” > “Add Account.”
- Enter your Gmail email address and click “Connect.”
- Outlook will automatically try to configure the settings. If it asks for more details, choose “IMAP” as the account type.
- Follow the prompts and enter your Gmail password.
- Once your Gmail account is set up in Outlook, you’ll see your Gmail folders on the left sidebar.
- To move emails from Gmail to Outlook, drag and drop them from your Gmail folders to your Outlook folders.
The above procedure is here how to Transfer Emails from Gmail to Outlook. Meanwhile, it has lots of limitations that you must know about them.
Restrictions While Implementing Manually
- It might take some time, and depends on how many emails you’re moving.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the internet while Outlook is running.
- You are only allowed to move the emails, not other mailbox items, such as contacts, calendars, and many more.
If you are also facing all these challenges, you must opt for another option. In that case, you should follow the other procedure.
Method 2: How to Transfer Emails From Gmail to Outlook PST Instantly
Gmail Backup Tool is the most trustworthy and prominent software. It helps users to transfer their Gmails emails to Microsoft Outlook efficiently. In other words, you can perform the bulk conversion from Gmail to Outlook with 100% data security. Furthermore, users can also take a backup of their mail emails locally to save their information separately. Now, we would like to mention the working of this program in detail.
Steps to Perform Gmail to Outlook Migration:
- Download Gmail Backup Tool on your system.
- Subsequently, enter the Gmail login credentials to start the process.
- Next, mark the folders you want to move further.
- Here pick the PST file format from the drop-down list.
- Set the destination path to save the resultant file.
- At last, click the Convert button.
Moreover, you need to import your resultant PST file to Outlook. Follow the below steps.
- Open the Outlook application.
- Click the “File” tab > “Open & Export” >”Import/Export” > “Import from another program or file” > “Next” > “Outlook Data File (.pst)” > “Next.”
- Click “Browse” to locate and select the PST file you want to import.
- Choose the import option you prefer.
- Select “Finish” to start the import process.
Here, you’ve successfully completed this approach.
The upcoming guide has discussed two procedures for how to transfer emails from Gmail to Outlook. You can choose any of them accordingly. Moreover, the manual methods have some restrictions. On the other hand, automated technique will help you to move your Gmail emails to Outlook efficiently. Hence, we suggest you to go with the professional way.