5 Key Benefits to Migrate Google Workspace Email to Office 365
- ➤ Adequacy and Familiarity with Microsoft 365 Productivity Tools
- ➤ Custom-Build Pricing Plans for Your Business
- ➤ Get Rid of Endless Cycle of Manual Software Updates
- ➤ Better Communication & Collaboration Ecosystem
- ➤ In-Built Data Security & Compliance Feature
We provide the best Google Workspace backup solutions that eliminate all your concerns.
Synopsis: Since you are here, that means you belong to those who initially opted for the Google Workspace environment. However, now realize that Office 365 is more compatible with your business operation. In this article, you will get the two authentic solutions to migrate Google Workspace email to Office 365 admin center. You can perform it in the new EAC in Exchange Online, or you can opt for a secure Google Workspace Backup Software to migrate data effectively.
Nowadays, work is actually being digitalized rapidly. Under this transformation, it is crucial to managing the time between work and personal responsibilities. Microsoft and Google seek this opportunity and build the most competitive workspace environment known as Microsoft 365 (Office 365) and Google Workspace (G Suite). Google Workspace and Microsoft 365 both help in transforming business operations.
However, the conflict raised which one is a better solution for your business operation. Well, your presence says that you have already chosen Office 365 over the Google Workspace environment. So, let’s directly move to the first process to migrate emails from Google Workspace to Office 365 mailboxes.
Google Workspace Migration to Microsoft 365 or Office 365 Using new EAC
The new Exchange Admin Center simplifies the process to migrate Google Workspace email to Office 365. Several steps that users had to perform earlier are no longer required in the new EAC. However, you can implement the Google Workspace migration prerequisites in Exchange Online prior to initiating the migration task.
Note: This method is quite complicated for non-technical users as it demands the proper knowledge of the new Exchange Online admin center. Therefore experts have always recommended opting for advanced and reliable Google Workspace Backup Solutions to migrate Google Workspace email to Office 365.
Due to the complexity of this method, we have divided it into 5 stages. You can execute them in a proper manner to complete the migration successfully.
Stage 1: Select the Migration Type
- Sign in to the new Exchange Admin Center and navigate to Migration to select Add migration batch option.
- Now, Add migration batch page appears. Provide a unique name to this migration batch, and select Migration to Exchange Online from the Mailbox Migration Path dropdown.
- Click on the Next button to enter the Select the Migration Type page.
- In this wizard, choose Google Workspace (Gmail) migration in the Select the migration type option. Finally, tap on the Next button to move to the next stage.
Stage 2: Prerequisites for Google Workspace Migration
- Expand Automate the configuration of your Google Workspace for migration section on this page. Click Start to begin the four required prerequisite steps.
- Now, you can Log in with your Google account and validate your APIs from the Google Sign-in page.
- After the validation of APIs, a JSON file (projectid-*.json) is downloaded to your system. Also, you get a link that will help you to add the ClientID and the Scope.
- Click on the API access link. It will redirect you to the Google Admin API Controls page.
- Here, choose the Add New option and paste the ClientID and Scope from the EAC. Now, click on Authorize to grant access.
- After completing the four required prerequisites, select Next to set a new migration endpoint.
Also Read: Backup Google Workspace Drive to External Hard Drive
Stage 3: Create/Set a New Migration Endpoint
There are two options available in the Set a migration endpoint wizard. If you are a first-time user, select Create a new migration endpoint and perform the following steps.
Note: “Migration endpoint is a setting that is used to create a connection between Office 365 and Gmail, so that you can successfully migrate Google Workspace email to Office 365 mailboxes. However, you can also accomplish this process, using the IMAP to Office 365 Migration in the new EAC in exchange online.”
- Provide the following details on the General Information page to set a new migration endpoint.
- Migration Endpoint Name: Enter a value.
- Maximum concurrent migrations: According to your requirement, you can change it. Otherwise, leave the default value of 20.
- Maximum concurrent incremental syncs: If required, change this value here. Otherwise, leave the default value of 10.
- Email address: Provide the Google Workspace sign-in email address.
- JSON key: Choose the option to Import JSON, and select the JSON file downloaded in your system. Click Open to enter the JSON key.
Stage 4: Schedule Batch Migration
- Choose the recently created endpoint from the Select Migration Endpoint dropdown list and click on the Next button.
- In the Add User Mailboxes page, select Import CSV file to provide the details of the users you want to migrate.
- For this, you can create a CSV file that contains the following information.
- EmailAddress (required): Primary email address of existing Office 365 mailbox.
- Username (optional): Gmail primary email address in case it doesn’t match from EmailAddress.
Also Read: Setup Google Workspace Email in Outlook
Stage 5: Completion of Migration Batch in New EAC
When the status of the migration batch changes from Syncing to Synced, you need complete the migration batch.
- Select the Migration Group and navigate to the Details panel.
- Choose the preferred option to finish the batch and click on the Save button.
Now, the batch status changed to Completed. It ensures that any message received at Google Workspace mailboxes will send to the new Office 365 mailbox address.
Direct & Simple Approach to Migrate Google Workspace Email to Office 365
Are you afraid of the complexity of the above-discussed method? If yes, then here we provide one of the best backup solutions that eliminate all your concerns. You can take the help of Google Workspace Backup Software which is designed and developed to simplify the backup and migration of your G Suite account data. This advanced utility has some powerful features that help to optimize the entire migration process.
Following are the instructions to migrate Google Workspace email to Office 365 with the help of this advanced utility.
- Download and run the Google Workspace Backup Software.
- Provide the necessary details of your Google Workspace account including, user id, service account id, and p12 file. Click on the Sign in with Google button.
- Now, it shows the users’ mailbox information, you can select the desired user mailboxes that you want to migrate.
- From the G Suite Backup Option(s), select Gmail. Then, choose Office 365 from the File Format(s) options.
- Now, enter the Username and Password of your Office 365 admin account. Click on the Sign in button.
- In the end, provide the Custom Folder Name and tap the Backup option to start migrating Google Workspace email to Office 365.
There are two reliable solutions to migrate Google Workspace email to Office 365 admin center. The first one includes the new EAC in Exchange Online, which seems complicated and demands your full attention to detail. Its complexity introduced a simple and direct solution to accomplish this task. It involves a secure Google Workspace Backup Software that is specially designed to ease the backup and migration of your Google Workspace data. You can go with the solution that ensures high data integrity and fulfills all your migration requirements.