In today’s digital world, email communication is the lifeblood of modern business interactions. Some email communications are very important to store in PDF (Portable Document Format) for businesses. That’s why many professionals are looking for the right way to export Outlook emails as a PDF for archival, sharing, or reference purposes. In this guide, we’ll walk you through a simple step-by-step process of how to save Outlook emails as PDFs. Moreover, you can also opt for Outlook Backup Tool for fast and easy conversion of emails to PDF.
Before moving further on ways to convert Outlook emails to PDF, we’ll learn why you have to always convert critical emails into PDF.
Why Convert Outlook Email to PDF?
All users know that emails are the backbone of business interactions. As a result, there is the need to preserve important correspondence in a universally accessible format is paramount.
- Emails often contain critical information, legal agreements, contracts, or vital discussions. Converting these emails to PDFs ensures they are securely archived for compliance, regulatory, or legal purposes.
- PDFs transcend platforms and devices, ensuring the recipient can view the same content as intended, regardless of the software or operating system they use.
- PDFs are great for professionals who want to include emails in reports, presentations, or documentation.
- Saving emails as PDFs allows you to store them independently of your email client.
- Having emails as PDFs means you can read emails without an internet connection.
- Sharing PDFs is hassle-free and doesn’t require recipients to have specific email software.
- PDFs serve as a backup of crucial communications, guarding against potential data loss due to accidental deletion, email server issues, or other technical glitches.
These are some common reasons to export Outlook emails to PDF. Now, we’ll learn the best ways for the same.
How to Save Outlook Emails as PDFs?
The following section consists of two approaches. First, we’ll highlight the manual technique. After that, we will discuss the shortcut method. It will be beneficial to you further. As a result, in the future, you can opt accordingly.
Method 1: Save Outlook Email to PDF by Manual Method
- Launch the Outlook application and navigate to the email you want to save as a PDF.
- Make sure the email is open and displayed on your screen.
- Click on the “File” tab at the top left corner of the Outlook window. From the dropdown menu, select “Print.”
- In the Print dialog box, under the “Printer” section, you’ll see a list of available printers.
- From the list of printers, choose the “Print to PDF” option.
- Now, you’ll be prompted to choose the destination where you want to save the PDF file.
- Click the “Save” button to initiate the saving process of the Outlook emails as a PDF.
- Navigate to the location where you saved the PDF file.
- Open it using any PDF viewer to ensure the email’s content, formatting, and attachments are accurately preserved.
Alright, we’ve just completed the manual approach to save Outlook emails as PDFs. But the above solution has some loopholes.
Limitations in Outlook Print Option
While manually saving Outlook emails as PDFs can be a convenient option for occasional use, it’s essential to know its limitations and drawbacks. Here are some demerits associated with performing this manually:
- The procedure of manually saving each email as a PDF can be time-consuming, especially when dealing with a bulky email.
- During the process of saving emails as PDFs, mistakes can occur, such as accidentally skipping emails, choosing incorrect settings, or misnaming files.
- When needing to save multiple emails as PDFs, performing this task manually for each email can become cumbersome and repetitive.
- Copying and pasting email content to a PDF file can mess up the formatting, especially if images are involved.
Converting emails to PDFs manually can be a hassle without the assistance of dedicated software tools that offer automation. As mentioned above, you can use third-party utilities to overcome all these circumstances.
Also Read: Export Gmail Emails to PDF
Method 2: Export Outlook Emails to PDF Instantly
Outlook Backup Tool offers a comprehensive solution to save Outlook emails as PDFs, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, and more. It empowers you to select specific email items, folders, or categories for backup. Moreover, you can effortlessly save Outlook emails on a hard drive. In fact, you can perform the bulk conversion without data loss. Now, it’s time to see how it works.
Steps to Convert Outlook Emails to PDF Files:
- Download and run the Outlook Backup Tool.
- Then, Enter the login credentials of Outlook to begin the process.
- Mark the Email folders you want to convert into PDFs.
- Now, choose the PDF format from the drop-down list.
- You can also use advanced filter features to sort your important emails.
- Moving ahead, set the destination path to save the resultant file.
- Click the Convert button.
In conclusion, converting Outlook emails to PDFs offers a practical and versatile way to preserve and share important communication. With the help of the above solutions, users can effortlessly save Outlook emails as PDFs. By downloading emails in PDF format, users ensure the retention of the original formatting, attachments, and content. Moreover, it makes a reliable method for archiving crucial correspondence. In addition, the ability to protect the PDF files adds an extra layer of security, safeguarding sensitive information from unauthorized access.