Are you seeking a more efficient way to handle your AOL emails? Merging AOL with Outlook could be the answer. This consolidation simplifies your email management. Moreover, it allows you to consolidate all your communication into one platform. In this guide, we’ll discuss to add AOL to Outlook step-by-step. We’ll empower you to harness the combined power of these two platforms for heightened productivity using the AOL Backup Tool.
AOL Mail offers a web-based email client accessible through a browser, allowing users to send, receive, and manage emails. On the other hand, MS Outlook is an email client developed by Microsoft as part of the Microsoft Office suite. It is available as a desktop application for Windows and macOS, as well as a web-based version and mobile apps for iOS and Android.
Why Do Users Want to Add AOL Account in Outlook?
Integrating AOL Mail with Outlook allows users to access their AOL emails directly within the Outlook interface. In addition, it provides a centralized location for managing multiple email accounts. By configuring AOL Mail settings in Outlook, users can send, receive, and organize AOL messages alongside other email accounts, combining the functionalities of both platforms for a more streamlined email management experience.
- It offers a familiar environment with tools and features that users may find more convenient and user-friendly. As a result, users want to add AOL account to Outlook.
- Outlook offers robust organizational tools such as categorizing emails, creating folders, setting up rules, and managing calendars.
- Outlook’s offline access feature allows users to access their emails without an internet connection.
- It integrates seamlessly with other Microsoft Office applications. Moreover, it offers users the ability to share files, schedule meetings, and collaborate efficiently.
These are some common reasons to add AOL email to Outlook. Now, we will discuss the possible ways to do that.
How to Add AOL to Outlook?
To connect your AOL email account to Outlook, you’ll need to create a unique password because AOL uses two-factor authentication. This password is different from your regular AOL login password. Once you’ve generated this password, you’ll link your AOL email to Outlook.
Step 1: Create a Special Password for Outlook
- First, sign in to your AOL account at login.aol.com.
- After that, access your AOL Profile by selecting “Account Info.”
- On the left-hand side, click “Account Security” and then “Generate App Password.”
- Then, select “Outlook Desktop” from the App Password popup and click “Generate.”
Note down or copy the new app password that’s generated.
Step 2: Add AOL Account to Outlook
For Outlook versions 2016, 2019, and Microsoft 365:
- Further, Open Outlook and go to the File tab.
- Afterwards, click on Info and then “Add Account.”
- Then, Enter your AOL email address and click “Connect.”
- Input the AOL App Password you generated earlier and click “Connect.”
- Now, choose IMAP and then click “Done.”
- Lastly, Outlook will verify your information and start downloading your AOL emails.
The above solution will help you to Add AOL to Outlook of the latest versions.
Also Read: Best Ways To Migrate AOL To Office 365
For Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010:
- Open Outlook and go to the File Tab.
- Click on Info and then “Add Account.”
- Select “Manual setup or additional server type” and click “Next.”
- Choose “POP or IMAP” and click “Next.”
- Enter your name and AOL email address in the User Information section.
- In Server Information, choose IMAP. Use imap.aol.com for the Incoming Mail Server and smtp.aol.com for the Outgoing Mail Server.
- Enter your AOL email address and the app password you generated in Log-on Information.
- Click “More Settings” and navigate to the Outgoing Servers tab.
- Check the box for “My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication.”
- Head to the Advanced tab and set the incoming server (IMAP) to 993 with SSL encryption and the outgoing server (SMTP) to 465 with SSL encryption.
- Click “OK” then “Next” to complete the setup.
Once these steps are completed, close the setup windows, and you should now have your AOL email integrated and accessible within Outlook.
NOTE: You can also migrate your AOL account to Outlook with the help of reliable software.
Professional Tool to Migrate AOL Mail to Outlook
AOL Backup Tool is the top-notch and versatile software. It allows users to perform the migration process from AOL to Outlook PST without interruption of data. Moreover, users can also preview their targeted files in a preview panel. As a result, this software maintains the hierarchy folders and data integrity. Moreover, this wizard also allows users to add AOL email to Outlook 365. In addition, this utility has an easy-to-understand and self-intuitive Graphical User Interface. Now, it’s time to Add AOL to Outlook.
Steps to Transfer AOL Emails to Outlook:
- Download and launch the AOL Backup Tool and run it as an administrator.
- After that, mention the login credentials of your AOL account.
- Then, preview the targeted email files in a preview panel.
- Now, opt for the PST file from the drop-down list.
- Further, users can also use additional features accordingly.
- Set the destination where you want to save the resultant file.
- Next, click the Convert button to initiate the conversion.
- Lastly, you have to import PST files to Outlook, and your migration is done now.
Adding your AOL email account to Outlook can significantly streamline your email experience. By following these steps, you’ve successfully connected your AOL email to Outlook, providing a centralized platform to manage all your emails efficiently. With the creation of a specialized app password for Outlook and the setup process guided step-by-step, you’ve merged your AOL account seamlessly into the Outlook interface. In other words, the following guide has also mentioned ways to add AOL to Outlook.