In this digital age, our precious memories and important files are often stored in the cloud, making it crucial to ensure their safety. One effective way to do this is to backup iCloud emails to external hard drive. This guide will walk you through the simple steps. In addition, you can also go with the iCloud Email Backup Tool for saving emails locally.
Backing up your iCloud to an external hard drive may sound a bit techy. It keeps your memories, files, and necessary stuff super safe. Before moving further, we will discuss possible reasons for how to save iCloud emails to an external hard drive. It will help you when you move toward the solution section.
Need to Save iCloud Emails to an External Hard Drive.
Do you ever wondered why people talk about backing up their emails from one place to another? Well, it’s like having a spare key for your crucial data in case something goes wrong. Let’s dive into why this backup thing is a good idea.
- iCloud is a virtual safe where you keep your photos, documents, and other cool stuff. But what if something happens to that virtual safe? If something goes wrong with your iCloud, you have safely stored it on your external hard drive.
- Backing images up to an external hard drive is like making a copy of these memories so they won’t disappear if something goes wrong with your iCloud.
- If you’ve backed up your iCloud to an external hard drive, you’ve got a spare copy ready to come to the rescue.
- Sometimes, you face an internet connection error while opening your Apple Mail account. If you’ve already downloaded the entire data, you can effortlessly view it.
- When you have a copy of your emails on an external hard drive, you’re the boss. You decide when and how to keep things safe.
Here, we discussed common reasons to download Apple Mail locally. Now, we will mention the possible ways for the same.
How to Backup iCloud to External Hard Drive?
The upcoming section will highlight the best two approaches to backup iCloud emails to external hard drives. First, we would like to perform it manually and then use the automated tool. After that, you can opt for any of them where you feel more comfortable while implementing them.
Method 1: How to Save iCloud Emails to External Hard Drive Manually?
- First, sign in to your iCloud Mail account by browsing the website – icloud.com on your default browser.
- Choose the mailbox folder want to backup.
- After that, Go with the mailbox option from the drop-down list.
- Pick the export mailbox option from the menu.
- Set the location to save the resultant file, for example – as a destination drive. Now Click the Choose button.
Here, we’ve successfully completed the manual solution to backup Apple emails to the external hard drive. Moreover, the above solution has some limitations. It consumes lots of time and energy. In fact, users have to repeat the above steps until all their MBOX files will transfer to the hard drive. Additionally, non-technical users face several problems while understanding each phase.
Method 2: Download iCloud Emails Locally Through a Professional Tool
iCloud Email Backup Tool is the most versatile and exclusive software to overcome all these challenges. In other words, users can effortlessly save all their Apple emails to their external Hard drives without data loss. Moreover, you can delete duplicate emails before the conversion process. As a result, it leads to secure less storage in your hard drive. Additionally, it maintains hierarchy folders of all the files. Now, we will discuss the working of this software. It will definitely help you to figure it out in-depth.
Steps to Backup Apple Mails to External Hard Drive:
- First, download and run the iCloud Email Backup Tool on your system.
- After that, mention the login credentials of the iCloud account to begin the process.
- Now, mark the Apple email folders you want to move further.
- Here, select the PDF file format from the drop-down list.
- Users can also opt for additional features accordingly.
- At last, click the Convert button to start the procedure.
Know More: How to Migrate iCloud Emails To Outlook?
Downloading your iCloud emails to an external hard drive is like giving your emails a secret hideout. If your digital world ever gets a bit shaky, your backup is there to save the day. This blog discussed two ways to backup iCloud to an external Hard drive. You can go with the automated solution as various IT experts suggest. In the end, it totally depends on you.