If you are the one who is facing issues in importing PST Files to IMAP accounts, this blog is helpful for you. Here, we will discuss the various methods to Import PST Files to IMAP accounts.
IMAP is an email protocol used for retrieving and storing email messages on a mail server. By using IMAP, you can access your email account from multiple devices. Importing PST files to an IMAP server allows for better scalability and flexibility in managing email data. IMAP doesn’t require users to download emails to their local devices, Anyone can view mail by IMAP, from the mail service. In short, it can be easily accessed in offline mode. Attachments of mail can be downloaded if required.
This Blog will give you the appropriate solution, which will help you to resolve all your troubles. Moreover, the PST Converter Tool can help you to Import PST files to IMAP Without Outlook, even in bulk.
Why Do We Need To Import PST Files to IMAP account?
- IMAP can also be used without an internet connection.
- The IMAP Server displays all the emails together
- With the help of an email server, Users can easily access their emails
- It saves the local disk space.
- Easy to transfer email messages from one IMAP-enabled account to another.
- If required, attachments of email data are downloaded manually.
How to Convert PST to IMAP Account?
The email data like contacts, calendars, notes, and tasks haven’t synced with the IMAP server as it only syncs emails. Hence, to import PST to an IMAP account, you need to create a PST file. Here we will discuss manual methods as well as a reliable solution also. Converting PST (Personal Storage Table) files to an IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) account involves a few steps. Here are the general steps you can follow as mentioned below:
Method 1: Manual Approach to Import PST to IMAP Account
.To import PST to IMAP, the following are the steps of the manual approach:
- Firstly, open Microsoft Outlook.
- Then, go to the File menu.
- Now click on Open & Export.
- After that, select the Import/Export button.
- Select Export to a file and click Next.
- Now, pick the Personal Folder File(.pst), then click on Next.
- If you want to choose subfolders, then go for it.
- Save the exported file and click on Finish.
- Finally, your PST file is saved in the IMAP email server.
Note: Make sure that the IMAP email server is set as the default server type.
After performing the above method, you can import PST files to IMAP accounts.
Limitations of Manual Method
Here, we see some limitations while performing the manual method:-.
- Manually importing PST files can be time-consuming, especially if you have a large amount of data.
- This process might be complex for users who are not familiar with file formats and IMAP configurations.
- It can face the risk of data loss or corruption.
The recommendation is that we should use the PST to IMAP migration tool to import it frequently.
Method 2: Import the PST Files to IMAP Without Outlook
PST Converter Tool is an effective and amazing solution. It allows you to upload unlimited PST files to your IMAP account at once. This versatile all-in-one utility empowers users to navigate a user-friendly interface and accomplish the entire task without the need for expert guidance. Apart from that, users are free to move PST data to any IMAP-supported account in seconds.
Steps to Import PST to IMAP Email Accounts
- Download the PST Converter Tool, install it, and run the program.
- Now, choose the PST files which you want to add >> Click on Next
- Mark the desired files/folders from the displaying list and click Next.
- Select the IMAP-enabled email client from the given save-as menu.
- Now, enter your user ID and password to Log in.
- Finally, tap on Convert to migrate Outlook PST to the IMAP server.
Also Read: Convert PST To PDF With Attachments
In this complete blog, we have discussed the possible reasons to Convert PST to IMAP Account. The manual method has few limitations which is why we shared an automated solution to resolve this problem. Now, you have to choose the correct process as per your requirements.