Amazon WorkMail Email is a secured and well-managed business email client offered by Amazon Web Services (AWS). Many organizations and users use it for their personal and professional use as it can be accessed through different platforms and devices such as desktops and mobile. However, due to multiple reasons, many of them want to switch from AWS Workmail to other email clients such as Office 365.
M365 is a top choice among professionals because it is enabled with multiple advanced features like additional productivity tools, increased storage capacity, and improved collaboration features. However, migrating from AWS Workmail to Office 365 can be hectic, that’s why it requires proper planning to execute it without any data loss. Therefore, In this article, we will discuss the best practices for AWS WorkMail to Office 365 migration process. Before that, we will emphasize more detail on Office 365 and AWS.
Why do Users Need to Migrate AWS WorkMail to Office 365?
Though AWS offers a 12-month free trial, it is still not able to replace O365 for the following reasons.
- Microsoft has Skype, which is a professional video call application that comes with the M365 subscription.
- O365 saves its emails in a PST format, which comes with an encryption feature.
- PST can be accessible in M365 only, not every email client can open a PST file.
- AWS has less number of experts, whereas O365 has several communities and a well-researched support team to assist its users.
- With M365, you can send files up to 150 MB. While using AWS limit for file sharing is 40 MB.
These are a few advantages of O365 over Amazon WorkMail. Therefore, many users want to transfer mailboxes from AWS WorkMail to Office 365. Let’s check out the comparison table of both email services to clear it more.
AWS WorkMail Vs Office 365
|Microsoft Office 365
|It does not have any professional applications to use.
|It has a bunch of professional applications like MS Excel, MS Word, etc.
|It does not have any secure file formats.
|It has a protected file format called PST that is only accessible in Outlook.
|It does not have any professional experts.
|It has a large number of qualified experts and a supportive community to help solve problems.
|File Sharing Limit
|A big range that contains workflows, templates, and personalized branding.
After comparing both AWS Workmail and Office 365 with each other, it is clear that O365 is more suitable for businesses. Now, Let’s discuss the different approaches to migrate from AWS mail to Office 365 account.
How to Migrate AWS WorkMail to Office 365?
To move AWS emails to O365 effectively, you can use AWS WorkMail Migration Tool. This tool is highly commendable for migrating any IMAP-based email account to Gmail, G Suite, Office 365, and IMAP. You can also change AWS emails to EML, EMLX, PST, PDF, MBOX, and others. Furthermore, you can perform AWS to M365 migration in just a few moments. Let’s check out how.
Quick Steps to Perform AWS WorkMail to Office 365 Migration
- Download the AWS WorkMail Migration Tool.
- Enter the AWS credentials.
- Choose Office 365 as a resultant email client.
- Use the other features of this utility for filtering your data.
- Click on the Convert button to start the process of migrating AWS WorkMail emails to Office 365 account.
Why Choose Us to Migrate AWS WorkMail to Office 365?
This utility has several inbuilt advanced features. Some of the cutting-edge features of this software are below mentioned.
- You can split your bigger PST into smaller parts.
- This AWS Migration tool not only helps you to migrate AWS WorkMail to Office 365 but also allows you to migrate AWS Workmail to Gmail, G Suite, and other IMAP.
- You have the option to sort your emails based on the date range.
- Users can also convert their AWS emails to the most updated file formats like EML, PST, PDF, CSV, MBOX, DOC, etc.
- You can also backup your emails with or without attachments.
This technical guide explains the most secure and reliable method to migrate AWS WorkMail to Office 365. In this write-up, we’ve also discussed why users prefer Microsoft Office 365 over AWS. Furthermore, it also explained why Amazon WorkMail Backup Tool is the foremost choice of professionals to migrate from AWS mail to Office 365.
Question 1: How do I migrate from Amazon Workmail to Office 365?
- Download the AWS Migration Tool.
- Launch the Tool and log in with your required AWS credentials.
- Choose O365 as the saving format and log in to its account.
- Lastly, click Convert to start the migration process.