Summary: If you are looking for an instant way to migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365 admin center, then you have landed on the right page. In this technical guide, you will learn the best suitable ways for migrating Yahoo mails into Office 365 using the free manual and the best Yahoo backup tool. So stay tuned to this post, to know the entire process in detail.
Multiple users are looking for an instant solution to migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365. Thus, users want to move from one email account to another due to its functions and benefits. So many challenges are faced by users when they want to migrate from Yahoo email to Office 365.
However, migrating emails from Yahoo mail to Office 365 is a tedious task. Therefore, you need to be extra careful while performing the steps to accomplish this task. You can achieve this either by using the manual approach, or you can try the best Yahoo Backup Tool that ensures high data security during the entire process. Now, let’s proceed ahead towards the main reasons behind this.
Why Do We Need to Import Yahoo Email to Outlook 365?
We must be aware of the continuous Yahoo mail attacks in the past few years. Therefore, many Yahoo users are worried about their privacy and concern. Also, many users start losing their trust and want to migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365 due to privacy concerns. In this section, we have listed some of the reasons that create an urge in the users to migrate their Yahoo mail data to Office 365 accounts.
- Many users often face troubles with their Yahoo accounts, such as account hacking, server downtime, and many more.
- Many times, users face Yahoo Mail sign in Problems which they want to migrate into Office 365 accounts.
- Microsoft 365 facilitates some advanced features that make it more flexible for business operations.
- Users want to migrate Yahoo to Office 365 because it is a secure cloud-based email platform that provides multiple advanced functionalities.
These are some of the major reasons behind the need to import Yahoo email to Outlook 365. Now, let’s find out some of the reliable solutions to perform this action.
Note: In some cases, users want to Recover Deleted Emails From Yahoo account. Therefore, to secure your crucial data, it is recommended to take a backup of your Yahoo mailbox data.
Free Ways to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365
In this section, we are going to introduce the free manual technique, which is a tedious task to migrate from Yahoo small business to Office 365. To execute this method, first, you need to execute this method, so you need to export Yahoo mails into PST format and then import that PST file into Office 365 mailbox.
Part 1: Configure Yahoo Mail with Outlook
Here in this method, you have to configure your Yahoo mail account using the IMAP server settings. After that, you need to perform the given below steps to save the Yahoo mails into the PST format.
- Start the Outlook application and navigate to the File menu.
- Now, click on the Open & Export tab to open the Import/Export option.
- Click on the Export to a File option in the import and export wizard and press the Next button.
- Then, choose the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and tap on the Next button.
- After that, Mark the Folders that you want to export and press the Next button.
- In the next step, mention the Destination Location to save the resultant PST file and then click on the Finish button.
Part 2: Import Exported PST File to Office 365
You can import PST file to Office 365 account using two different manual techniques. So, either you can achieve this using the Network upload method, or you can opt for the drive shipping method.
Network Upload Method Via Azure AzCopy
- Firstly, navigate to the Compliance Center by Sign in using Office 365 Admin account credentials.
Note: Here to create the import jobs, you need to assign the mailbox Import Export role in the exchange online. After assigning this role, you have to wait for at least 24 hours before creating the jobs.
- Click on the Data Lifecycle Management > Import > + New Import Job.
- Then, in the import job wizard, mention the Name for the import PST job and choose the Next button.
- Here click on the Upload your Data option from Do you want to upload or ship data? Page and press the Next button.
- Further, an Import Data panel will open where you need to select the Show network Upload SAS URL option.
- Then, it displays the SAS URL, Copy it to the clipboard and paste it to the file from where you can easily access it later.
Import PST File to Office 365 using Azure AzCopy
- After exporting the Azure AzCopy to your local system, now open a Command Prompt and locate the directory where you have uploaded the azcopy.exe file.
- Here to execute the following command to import the PST files to Office 365.
azcopy.exe copy “<Source location of PST files>” “<SAS URL>”
- Then, after running the command, a status message will pop up, showing the process of uploading PST files.
Using this method, you can successfully upload the PST files to the Azure storage location for the organization. But the above process is lengthy and time-consuming. Therefore, users are looking for an alternate solution to migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365 admin center account.
Quick Solution to Migrate Yahoo to Office 365 Admin Center
Yahoo backup tool is a robust utility that is capable of converting Yahoo emails into PST, PDF, EML, MBOX, HTML, JSON, MSG, etc. Also, the software transfers the Yahoo emails into Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo, Office 365, Thunderbird, Zoho Mail, AOL, etc. Apart from that, the software is designed and developed with multiple advanced features that ensure a smooth working process for its users.
Prominent Features of Yahoo Backup Tool
- The software backup or migrate Yahoo mailbox into different file formats and email clients.
- You can transfer all Yahoo mailbox data such as email, contacts, calendar, notes, etc.
- This utility allows you to add Yahoo Mail to Gmail, Office 365, Thunderbird, AOL, Zoho Mail, etc.
- It displays all the mailbox folders before starting the conversion process.
- Users can remove duplicate mail using the remove duplicate mail feature.
The above post facilitates the major reasons that create an urge in the users to migrate Yahoo mail to Office 365 accounts. Also, it explained the workable solution. This article manifests the main reasons that induce the need to migrate from Yahoo small business to Office 365. Although, it requires some technical skills and knowledge. Thus, the Yahoo backup tool is the best suitable solution for technical as well as non-technical users.