If your Gmail inbox is overflowing with thousands of emails, it might be time for a digital space cleanup. Deleting all your emails in Gmail can be a daunting task, but worry not – we’ll help you out. In this step-by-step guide, we’ll explain how to delete all your emails in Gmail. By the end of this blog, you’ll have a clutter-free inbox and be ready to start fresh.
Even if you’re usually super organized, there might come a time when your Gmail inbox gets way too messy. And if you don’t keep an eye on it, you might end up with hundreds or even thousands of emails crowding your inbox. The good news is that Google has made it really easy to clean up your inbox, and you can do it from any device you have.
How to Easily Clean Up Your Gmail Inbox?
Your Gmail inbox can quickly become a jumble of emails, from promotional offers to important messages. But don’t worry; we’ll show you simple steps to clean up your Gmail inbox, even if you’re not a tech expert. You can do all of this on your computer.
#1. Fast Way to Delete Emails on Gmail Instantly
The Gmail Backup Tool is your trusty companion for keeping your Gmail emails safe. It may sound a bit technical, but it’s like a digital guardian for your Gmail account. In other terms, it helps you make copies of your important emails and attachments. Why, you ask? Well, to prepare for the unexpected, like accidentally losing your emails or even facing hacking attempts. Moreover, It’s super user-friendly and incredibly easy to set up.
Steps to Delete All Emails in Gmail:
- Download and Run the Gmail Backup Tool on your system.
- Now, enter the necessary login credentials to initiate the process.
- Afterwards, highlight the folders in a preview panel.
- Then, opt for the MBOX format from the drop-down list.
- Moving ahead, choose the Date filter and free-up server option to proceed further.
- Locate the destination path to save the resultant file.
- In the end, click the Convert button.
NOTE: The free-up server space option ensures you aren’t just saving emails on your computer but also decluttering your Gmail account. In fact, the date filter is handy for backing up emails from a specific date, making your life easier.
#2. Deleting Promotional Emails
If you want to get rid of those promotional emails:
- First, Open Gmail sign using the ID and password of your Gmail account..
- Move to the Promotional Category in your Gmail account.
- In the search box, type a keyword related to the emails you want to delete.
- Click the little square next to the emails you want to delete.
- Hit the Delete button.
#3. Delete All Emails in Gmail With Attachments:
- First, log in to your Gmail account with the vital credentials.
- In the search box, type:attachment larger: and insert the file size (like 5M for 5 megabytes).
- Click Search and select the emails you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
#4. How to Mass Delete Emails on Gmail Using Trash Folder
When you delete emails, they go to the Trash folder. To empty it:
- Make sure you have the necessary credentials to log into Gmail.
- Then, find More on the left side and click it.
- After that, scroll down and click on Trash.
- Lastly, check the emails you want to delete and click Delete Forever at the top.
#5. Delete Gmail Email by Topic
If you want to delete emails on specific topics:
- You can search for emails with keywords like Subject:(Limited Time) for retail sale messages or has:attachment for emails with attachments.
- Use the drop-down arrow on the search bar for more search options.
#6. How to Delete All Unread Emails at Once on a Computer
To clear the unread label:
- Search for the label:unread and select the emails.
- You can pick the option to delete either the first 50 emails or all that match the criteria.
#7. Delete All Emails on Gmail at Once
If you want to delete everything:
- First, select the checkbox at the top of the page.
- Afterwards, apply actions like deletion to all the items on the page.
- Then, you can also turn on that action to all messages in your inbox.
#8. Deleting Specific Categories of Emails
You can delete emails in specific categories:
- First, launch Gmail and select the category you want to delete emails from.
- After that, check the box above the emails.
- Now, click Select all conversations in the category and then Delete.
#9. Deleting Emails with Certain Characteristics
To delete emails with particular characteristics:
- Open Gmail and enter the sender’s address, a date before which you want to delete, or use labels like label:read or label:unread.
- Check the emails and click Delete.
#10. How to Delete All Gmail Emails at Once on the Phone
For deleting emails in the Gmail app:
- Open the Gmail app on your smartphone.
- Select the sender’s image or the sender’s photo.
- Choose the emails to delete.
- Tap the Delete icon (it looks like a trash can).
Regularly cleaning and managing your Gmail inbox is a necessary practice in the modern age. It not only enhances your digital organization and productivity but also safeguards your privacy and security. Moreover, it allows you to enjoy a fresh start and contribute to a more sustainable use of digital resources. Take the time to clean your Gmail inbox regularly, and you’ll reap the benefits of a more streamlined and efficient email experience. From the above guide, we hope you got your answer to delete all emails in Gmail.