Gmail is the world’s most popular email service provider. It is also commonly used as an online secure file sharing platform. To store and share data, it is required to store data in a secure and reliable place. Google mail provides 15 GB of free storage space and attaches files with a size up to 15GB. It offers a free secure, and reliable hosting platform for your documents. But the free storage space provided by Google mail is very less for a big organization. Google mail is not very efficient for internal or external file sharing. This is where you need to use an external hard drive. Now, let’s continue further and know the different reasons behind saving Gmail emails.
Reasons to Save Gmail Emails to Hard Drive
In several instances, many users transfer emails from Gmail to Gmail for backup purposes. However, the effective way to backup Gmail emails is to save them on a hard drive. Here are a few reasons why users might want to backup Gmail Emails to Hard Drive.
- Backup Google Mail to hard drive is necessary to prevent the attack by hackers from getting access to your Gmail account.
- Have a copy of emails, in case of accidental deletion of the important emails.
- Due to unexpected shutdown, which results in data loss.
- To access Gmail emails offline users want to backup Gmail emails to hard drive.
After knowing all of the reasons, now it’s time to learn how to backup Gmail emails without attachments easily and quickly. After that, do what you need to do using the right approach.
Also Read: Migrate Gmail to Office 365
Free Ways to Backup Gmail Emails to Hard Drive
We have discussed several methods to backup Gmail on a computer here. When you’re ready, follow the step-by-step guides we’ve provided below:
Method 1: Save Gmail Mailbox to PC Using Google Takeout
- Login to your Gmail account and click on the Manage your Google Account option.
- Click on the Data and Privacy tab to continue.
- Now, select Download your Data after scrolling the page.
- Create a new export and check the Deselect all checkbox.
- Here double-click on the All Mail Data included checkbox.
- Then, Unmark Include all Messages in the Mail option and click Ok.
- Click on the Next Step button to proceed further.
- After that, select send the Download Link via Email option from the drop-down arrow.
- In the next step, choose the Frequency between exporting once or exporting every 2 months for 1 year.
- Now, select the file type either, .zip or .tgz size, and tap on the Create Export button.
Method 2: Download Gmail Emails Using Print Option
- Start the Gmail account by entering your Gmail credentials.
- Now, Double Click on the email that you want to save on your external hard drive.
- Here click on the Print All icon to print the selected emails.
- Then, you can customize the settings as per your requirement and then tap on the Print button.
- In the save print output wizard, save and opt for the Designated Path of the PDF.
- At last, under the Save As Type option, select the PDF type and hit the Save button.
Method 3: Export Gmail Email Via Outlook PST Format
- Open the Microsoft Outlook account using MS Office 365 Credentials and navigate the File tab.
- Now, tap on the Info and click on the Add account button.
- Click on the Advanced tab to manually configure your account settings.
- Then, enter your Gmail Address and press the Connect button.
- After that, click on the IMAP icon and allow IMAP access.
- Enter your Gmail Credentials on the pop-up screen.
- Then, click on the Allow button to allow Microsoft apps and services to access your Google Mail account.
Now, your Gmail account is successfully added to the MS Outlook account. Here you can successfully export Gmail emails to PST on your system.
Export Gmail Emails to Outlook PST
- Select the Open & Export tab under the File menu and tap on the Import/Export icon.
- Choose the Export to a File option in the import and export wizard and press the Next button.
- Now, select the Outlook Data File (.pst) and tap on the Next button.
- Choose the Folder that you want to export and press the Next button.
- Then, Browse the location for the PST file and select the features as per your choice. Click Finish.
- After that, enter and Verify your Password to protect the PST file, then click on the Next button.
- Here Re-Enter your password again for the folder.
- In the end, the PST file is successfully transported to the external storage device.
Method 4: Backup Gmail Emails Using Copy Paste Method
- Sign in to your Gmail account by entering your Gmail credentials.
- Now, open the email that you want to copy and click the Ctrl+A buttons on your keyboard.
- Here, launch the notepad on your computer and press the Ctrl + V button simultaneously.
- Repeat the same process again for the next email.
All of the above-discussed methods allow users to backup Gmail Emails to Hard Drive. However, there are several drawbacks associated with the above-mentioned workaround. They are:
- Lengthy and time-consuming process.
- Chosen emails cannot be properly archived.
- No surety that the entire data will backup or not.
- Complicated process for non-technical users.
Direct Approach to Backup Gmail Emails
The professional Gmail Backup Software overcomes all the limitations and features that can help us to back up our entire Gmail mailbox items. It backs up Gmail emails into PDF, PST, MBOX, MSG, EML, HTML, and many more. Also, it migrates Gmail emails to Office 365, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, Thunderbird, Zoho Mail, iCloud, etc. Also, the software is easy-to-use for both technical as well as non-technical users. Furthermore, users can experience the working of the software using a demo version before purchasing it. Totally this software is reliable, secure, and helpful with more than one thousand satisfied customers globally.
It’s been said that “The only thing that is constant in life is change.” If you have a habit of saving important emails, from business deals to college admissions, then you know just how much these important emails can change your life. You might want to take a few minutes and consider your strategy for backing up these emails. The good news is that you can instantly backup Gmail emails to hard drive with attachments hassle-free.