Gmail, Google’s popular email service, not only helps you manage your emails but also allows you to store and organize your contacts efficiently. Exporting your Gmail contacts can be helpful for various purposes, such as creating backups, migrating to a new email service, or using your contacts in other applications. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the steps to export contacts from Gmail using the Gmail Backup Tool. Ensuring you can effortlessly manage your valuable contact information.
Out of all the people in the world, about 1.5 billion use Gmail, a free email service. Gmail has become really important to us since it was created. Gmail has numerous cool things that help us in our daily lives, both at work and at home. One of the best things about Gmail is that it keeps all our stuff safe and easy to find. And when we talk about ‘stuff,’ one vital part of it is our contacts.
Why is there a need to export Google Contacts to vCard?
Exporting contacts from Gmail can be necessary for various reasons, depending on your specific needs and circumstances. Here are some common reasons why you might need to take out your Gmail contacts:
- Data Backup: In case of accidental deletion, hacking, or a Gmail account issue, you can effortlessly restore your contacts from the exported file.
- Migrating to Another Email Service: Most email services allow you to import contacts from standard formats like CSV or vCard, which are easily exported from Gmail.
- Syncing with Other Devices or Applications: Sometimes, you want to use your Gmail contacts on various devices or applications, such as smartphones, tablets, or contact management software.
- Sharing Contacts: Exported contact files can be shared with colleagues, friends, or family members who need access to specific contact information.
- Managing Contacts Offline: In some scenarios where you need to work with your contacts offline, exporting them provides a way to access contact information without an internet connection.
- Using Contacts in Other Applications: Some business applications or CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems require contact data in specific formats.
Here are the possible scenarios to export contacts from Gmail to vCard. Now, we will discuss the best ways for the same.
How to Export Contacts From Gmail?
The following section is divided into sections. First, we’ll accomplish it manually and then go through the automated procedure.
Steps to Export Gmail Contacts Manually
- You can do this by visiting the Gmail website (mail.google.com) and entering your login credentials.
- Once logged in, navigate to Google Contacts by clicking on the “Google Apps” grid icon in the upper-right corner of your Gmail account, then select “Contacts.”
- You will see a list of all your contacts on the left panel in the Google Contacts interface.
- You can select individual/multiple contacts by clicking on their names while clicking on the contacts you want to export.
- Then, click the “More” button located above your contact list.
- Google Contacts offers several export formats, including Google CSV, Outlook CSV, and vCard. The choice depends on your needs.
- Afterwards, click the “Export” button. Google will generate a file containing your selected contacts in the chosen format and initiate the download.
- Once the export is complete, a download prompt will appear. Choose the location on your computer where you want to save the file and click “Save.”
Export vCard From Google Contacts Instantly
With the help of the Gmail Backup Tool, users can export their Gmail Contacts in vCard format without any hassle. Moreover, you can also perform the bulk conversion without losing a single piece of data. In fact, the resultant file will be saved locally in vCrad, which can be easily imported into any application you want. Additionally, it offers various features to make this utility more comprehensive and versatile. You just need to go through the steps of this wizard to know your answer.
Steps to Export Gmail Contacts to vCard:
- Download and launch the Gmail Backup Tool on your screen.
- After that, mention the login credentials to move further.
- Then, mark the folders in a preview panel and move further.
- Now, opt for the vCard file format from the drop-down list.
- Users can also use the additional features as per their requirements.
- Moving ahead, set the destination path to save the newly created file.
- At last, click the Convert button.
Also Read: Why Gmail Is Not Receiving Emails?
The End Verdict!
In summary, exporting contacts from Gmail is a versatile process that allows you to safeguard your data and adapt to changing needs. In addition, it makes your contact information accessible and usable across various platforms and applications. It’s a valuable practice for anyone who relies on Gmail as their primary email service. By following the above procedures, you can export contacts from Gmail efficiently.