As we all know, emails are part of our daily life. So it is better to prevent them rather than lose them. Therefore, users are looking for ways to backup IMAP emails locally. Hence, in this technical guide, we are going to introduce the best ways to save IMAP emails using the professional IMAP Mail Backup Tool along with a manual method using MS Outlook
Almost every Outlook program user has an IMAP account established because of the numerous benefits it provides, such as accessibility by multiple devices configured with the same ID, account, or address, storing chosen emails/attachments, and more. When users backup Outlook setup with an IMAP account, they should be aware that the account must have a backup copy locally saved on the server.
In Outlook 2013, 2016, and 2019, the specified IMAP account is stored in a more diversified OST file format than in previous versions. Before we proceed, let’s move toward the best ways to backup IMAP emails locally.
Download IMAP Email Locally- Manually
- Launch the Outlook application and navigate to the File tab.
- In the Open & Export tab, click on the Import/Export icon.
- The import and Export Wizard will appear on the screen in which Export to a File option and click on the Next button.
- Now, choose the Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on the Next button
- Here select the IMAP folder you want to backup and click on the Next button.
- After that, choose the location by clicking on the Browse button and hit the Finish button.
Using the above methods, you can easily backup your IMAP mailboxes manually. But there are some complications with the above manual method like you can lose your data if an error occurs. So it’s better to choose an alternative way to backup IMAP mailboxes.
Also read: Secure Ways to Migrate IMAP to Office 365 Admin Center.
Automated Approach to Backup IMAP Emails Locally
As we know that IMAP is an email server that you can configure your email domains such as Gmail, Yahoo, Thunderbird, and many more email clients. Therefore, users can easily view all the emails of multiple email applications on the IMAP server by configuring it. On the other hand, if you want to move emails from IMAP to any other format, you can opt for the best IMAP Mail Backup Tool. It is the best utility to backup your IMAP emails to your PC. This can save your IMAP mailbox into multiple formats without any data alteration.
Working Procedure of IMAP Backup Tool
- Download and Install IMAP Mail Backup Tool.
- Enter the IMAP Login Credentials and press the Sign in button.
- Tick the Files and Folder from the displayed tree structure and press the Sign in button.
- Choose the File Format or Email Client from the given drop-down option.
- Mark the Additional Features from the given drop-down menu.
- After that, click on the Path to Save button to save the resultant file at a specific location.
- In the end, hit the Convert button to start the migration process.
Some Exclusive Features of IMAP Backup Tool
- The software converts IMAP emails into different file formats and email clients.
- It prevents the Repetition of Duplicate Emails in the backup process.
- This utility also migrate email From cPanel to Office 365 securely.
- Facilitate users to skip saving the attachments from the backup process.
- An in-built mail feature for the backup selective conversion of emails.
In the above post, we have discussed the best ways to backup IMAP emails locally. With the help of manual and professional techniques, you can save IMAP emails locally. Both the techniques are different from each other you can opt for the best suitable method as per your choice. Also, you can evaluate the software working by installing the free demo version of the software that migrates up to the first 50 emails per folder.