We can understand what Google Drive meant to you. It contains all of your data, which you do not want to lose at any cost. But sometimes, it starts misbehaving and halts you to fetch your data. You need not worry, though, as there are several ways to recover your data. Let’s check how?
Manual Ways to Fix Google Drive for Desktop Not Working
There are several other options available to fix this issue. Let’s go into more detail about these approaches so you can choose them accordingly.
Method 1: Check the Internet Connection
Sometimes, Google Drive not shows you your data because of internet outages. In this case, follow the below steps.
- Check your internet connection.
- Reaccess your Google Drive and check whether your issue fix or not.
If the Google Drive not working on Windows 10 issue still exists, try the successive workarounds.
Method 2: Check Drive Storage
Your Google Drive frequently prevents you from showing your data because it contains large amounts of information. In this case, you can check its storage by following the below steps.
- Access Google Drive in the existing system.
- Move to the storage option and check the storage of the current device.
- If it reaches maximum storage, delete the redundant data.
- Alternatively, if you think data is important to you. Purchase additional storage by clicking on the Buy Storage option.
- After that review, whether the issue of Google Drive not working on the desktop is resolved or not.
Note: You can only get 5GB of free storage in Google Drive; after that, you must pay for additional storage. Then you have to purchase the storage from Google.
Method 3: Reinstall Google Drive for Desktop
Most of the time you are using an outdated version of Google Drive. In this case, you can uninstall Google Drive and reinstall it. The steps below will help you uninstall and reinstall Google Drive and resolve the Google Drive not working on desktop issue.
Steps to Uninstall Google Drive
- Go to the Windows Settings.
- Select the Apps from the list of options.
- Move to the Google Drive application in the list.
- Right-click on it and select the Uninstall option.
In this manner, you can resolve the Google Drive not syncing between devices issue by uninstalling the Drive and then reinstalling it.
Steps to Reinstall the Google Drive
- Go to any search engine and type Download Google Drive.
- Move to the Google official website.
- Click Download Drive for Desktop.
- It will create a .exe file of Google Drive.
- Follow the below instructions, and now your Google Drive is installed.
These are some options for resolving Google Drive not working on desktop issues. Though sometimes, by availing of these methods, you lose your data. Because using these techniques requires technical expertise. Moreover, these are very time-consuming tasks.
In this case, it is advisable to keep a backup of your Google Drive account and save them locally or you can also transfer files between Google Drive accounts. So that, at the time of need, you can access your data. To secure your data, you can opt for an expert-recommended solution. Let us discuss this professional tool in detail.
Fix Google Drive not Working on Desktop Issue With Professionals
Experts always advise backing up your data to a more secure cloud, such as One Drive, a local drive, or another Google Drive. Proficient has therefore developed the Google Drive Migration Tool.
With the help of this tool, you could save your Google Drive data to OneDrive, another Google Drive, and a chosen local location. The utility is compatible with securely storing your Google Drive data, such as audio, video, PDF files, and documents. There are several advantages to backing up your data, and the risk of losing your data is low. So, in the subsequent section, we will learn the steps to secure your data.
Steps to Migrate Google Drive Data
- Download the Google Drive Migration Tool.
- Select your Google Drive account whose data you want to backup.
- Choose the files or folder from the tree structure you want to migrate or save to another destination.
- Apply the advanced filters as per requirement.
- Decide the destination for the added Google Drive.
- At last, click the Exit button, and your Google Drive data is saved to your desired destination.
Following these overhead steps, you can save your Google Drive data with just a few easy steps.
This article explains what to do if your Google Drive not working on desktop computer. You have several options for resolving this problem. Choose Wisely and accordingly. The manual methods, however, require a high level of technical skill and are challenging to use. On the contrary, a professional tool is easy to use and does not require technical know-how to backup your Google Drive.