Google Drive offers a secure place to store your crucial documents, photos, images, music, videos, and others. It provides 15 GB of free storage to every user to store their data. The most amazing thing is that you can access your stored files and data from anywhere in the globe with the help of an internet connection. However, after using it for a long time, the user stored so much data in Google Drive, as a results, they almost used the whole free 15 GB of Space.
To continue using Google services, some individuals create a new account on Google Drive. Subsequently, they seek to transfer files from one Google Drive to another, facilitating the utilization or access of crucial data and files in the new account.
So, If you are also in this situation and looking for the fastest way to transfer files from one Google Drive to another then you are at the right place. In this blog, you will get to know how you can do this manually or with the help of the Google Drive Migration Tool if you have a lot of files to migrate.
How to Transfer Files Between Google Drive Accounts?
Below are different ways to transfer files from one Google Drive to Another.
Method 1: Transfer files from one Google Drive to another with “Share”
- Open your primary Google Drive account.
- Locate the files/folders you want to transfer your another Drive.
- Choose the files, folder, or data you wish to transfer.
- Right-click on the chosen one, and click on the share option from the drop-down list.
- Enter the email address of the new account you have created to share your documents.
- Do not forget to provide access to the other user. You can change its setting under the General Access button.
- After entering the email ID, click on the Send button.
- Additionally, you can also send the document with notes. But it’s an optional feature you can opt.
You can copy the link to the document and send it directly to the other account or with whom you want to share. Make sure to send him Edit access and remove your ownership. The above steps will migrate your Google Drive data to another Google Drive.
Also Read: Setup Google Workspace Email In Outlook
Method 2: Transfer files between Google Drive accounts via Download and Re-Upload
This method demands two stages to execute and applies to more than one file or folder. Below is a description of the stages:
Stage 1: Create a zip file of the documents
Stage 2: Import it into the Another Drive
Catch the complete description of each stage below in detail.
Stage 1: Create a zip file of the Documents
- Open Google Drive using your primary account.
- Select all the files you wish to share.
- Right-click on the selected files and choose the Download button from the list of choices.
- After clicking download it will create a zip file automatically and download all the selected files.
Once the zip download is completed, proceed to the next step to upload this zip file for the transfer from one Google Drive to another.
Stage 2: Import the Zip file into the Another Drive
In this stage, you have to import the above-created zip file to the new Google Drive. Here are the steps to follow.
- Open your new Google Dive Account
- Click on the New button and hit on it.
- Choose Folder Upload from the preference list.
- Browse the location where you last saved your above-created zip folder and click on the Upload button.
- At last, you have successfully migrated the Google Drive to another Drive.
If you think the above method is lengthy and tedious. You can opt for another workaround.
Also Read: How To Retrieve Documents From Google Drive?
Method 3: Use Google Takeout service for Google Drive File Transfer
This feature is officially provided by Google to its users to take backups or migrate Google Drive and its other applications. Below are the steps to move files between Google Drive accounts.
Steps to Migrate Google Drive Data to Another Drive
- Open your Gmail account, and navigate to the name icon.
- Choose the Manage Your Google Account option.
- In, this panel click on the Data and Privacy option.
- Then look for Download and Delete your data and select Download your data.
- The above step will take you to the Google Takeout Wizard. It will show all the Google applications choose Google Drive from the list of 44 applications.
- Choose to send the download link via email under Destination.
- Next, manage the frequency file type and size in accordance.
- In last, hit the Create Export button.
The above steps will start exporting your data into a zip file. Once it is done, you will get a notification in your email. After that, you can easily download that zip file to any other drive or email.
These are some manual approaches that you can use to migrate Google Drive to another account. However, these methods are tedious and, in some cases, demand technical expertise. Additionally, you need to focus more attention during this process. In some cases, the application will take up to 4 days to create a zip file. This time duration will be based on data size. Often it observes that the zip file you created becomes inaccessible or corrupted in several cases.
However, you can keep saving yourself from all these rid by using the professional Google Drive Migration Tool tool.
Method 4: Transfer Files between Google Drive Accounts in No Time
The Google Drive Migration Tool is a legit tool that allows users to migrate their Google Drive data to another Google Drive, instead of this it also has an option to create a local backup of Google Drive data. The tool is highly compatible with migrating Google Drive data items like Audio, Videos, Files, PDF, DOC, DOCX, and others. It can also directly migrate Google Drive to One Drive, and iCloud Drive. Below are the steps you have taken trying this tool to test its working for free.
Steps to Transfer Files between Two Google Drive Accounts
- Download and install the Google Drive Migration Tool and run it as administrator.
- Select the Google Drive account whose data you wish to migrate.
- The utility will start scanning your added drive and show you the properties of your drive.
- Opt for a filter if you want to apply or leave it.
- Select the saving destination as Google Drive and add another account.
- After allowing the required permission, Select the destination folder and assign a name for the output file.
- In the end, it will show the entire Migration Details including total files, downloaded files, and backup location.
The above steps will help you in the migration of files between Google Drive accounts.
In the article, you have learned many ways to transfer files between Google Drive accounts. While the manual methods are time-consuming, and there’s a risk of data loss during this process becoming inaccessible. On the contrary, a professional Google Drive Migration Tool tool is easy to use and doesn’t require technical expertise. Moreover, the utility enables you to seamlessly migrate Google Drive data to other Google Drive, OneDrive, or your chosen local destination.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I move folders between Google Drive accounts?
Yes, you can move folders between Google Drive accounts easily and steadily with the automated Google Drive Migration Tool.
2. How do I move a folder to another drive without copying it?
You can move a folder to another drive without copying it by following the steps below:
1. Install the Google Drive Migration Tool.
2. Add the Google account to the utility.
3. According to your needs, use the tool’s filter.
4. Choose the saving destination as Google Drive.
5. Assign the folder name and destination for the resultant file.
In this way, you can move folders to another drive without copying them.
3. How do I move photos from one Google Drive to another?
You can use the Google Drive Migration Tool to transfer photos from one Google Drive to another.