Key Take Away
- ➤ Introduction.
- ➤ Why do Users Want to Add Protonmail to Apple Mail?
- ➤ Import Protonmail to Apple Mail Using Proton Mail Bridge App.
- ➤ Direct Secure Ways to Import Protonmail to Apple Mail.
IMAP Mail Backup Tool is the best solution to migrate emails from Protonmail to Apple Mail directly.
For many years, Ad-based business models dominated the internet, which ultimately exploits our most crucial data for financial gain. It leads to the transition towards an integrated privacy ecosystem. In this respect, Protonmail is one of the most secure email services available that offers client-side encryption to protect email content.
However, despite its unique offerings, most Mac users still prefer Apple Mail as their primary email client. It is a quick and easy-to-set-up email provider with additional support for iCloud Mail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Exchange, and AOL Mail. Therefore, through this article, we try to help them with two authentic solutions of how to add ProtonMail to Apple Mail on Mac OS.
Why do Users Want to Connect Protonmail to Apple Mail?
Taking advantage of the Apple ecosystem, Apple Mail is one of the major competitors of ProtonMail. Also, it provides a smooth mailing experience and necessary security options for Mac users.
In addition, there are some other factors available that create an urge to add ProtonMail to Apple Mail on Mac OS.
- ProtonMail has a complex environment that causes trouble in managing your data. On the other hand, it is quite easy to manage your email activities with the aid of Apple Mail.
- Apple Mail also enables you to customize your email with various fonts, attachments, and formatting.
- Also, it is convenient to manage and arrange your contacts with Apple Mail.
Import Protonmail to Apple Mail Using Proton Mail Bridge App
After going through the factors that influence users to add ProtonMail to Apple Mail, let’s explore the detailed procedure to accomplish it. In this respect, we divide the entire process into two different stages.
- Setup Protonmail on Apple Mail using Proton Mail Bridge App
- Disable Apple Mail’s Junk Mail Filtering Option
However, before proceeding, let’s understand the concept of the ProtonMail Bridge.
Stage 1: Setup Protonmail on Apple Mail Using ProtonMail Bridge
It is necessary to download and install the ProtonMail Bridge application before connecting Proton Mail with Apple Mail. Once you’ve installed ProtonMail Bridge, execute the following steps to add ProtonMail to Apple Mail.
- Open the ProtonMail Bridge App and click on the Add Account button.
- Now, enter the username and password of your ProtonMail account and tap on the Next button.
- After that, click on your account username to expand the additional option. Here, select the Mailbox Configuration option.
- It will show you a pop-up display that shows the IMAP and SMTP settings of your ProtonMail account.
- At the bottom of this window, click on the Configure Apple Mail option to connect ProtonMail to Apple Mail.
- Now, it will be prompted to install a new profile on your device. Press Continue to move ahead.
- In the next window, you can define the Display Name and Account Description for your ProtonMail account. Then, hit on the Install button to link ProtonMail to Apple Mail.
Stage 2: Disable Apple Mail’s Junk Mail Filtering Option
After successfully executing the above steps, let’s configure some additional settings from Apple Mail to ensure your account is working correctly.
- Open Apple Mail on your system. Go to the Mail menu and select the Preferences option.
- On the new display window, select the General tab. Select Every Minute from the options available in the Check for new messages dropdown.
- Afterward, go to the Junk Mail tab, and uncheck the Enable Junk Mail Filtering option to rely on the ProtonMail spam filter.
However, you can enable the Junk mail filtering option if you want some additional spam filtering options. Once you have completed all these adjustments, your account is ready to use in Apple Mail.
Direct Secure Ways to Import Protonmail to Apple Mail
The process of migrating emails from one email service to another is complicated. Therefore, most users want a simple and reliable solution to add ProtonMail to Apple Mail accounts. In this respect, you can perform this task using an authentic IMAP Backup Tool. It is designed to back up and migrate the mailbox data of various IMAP-enabled email programs to Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Thunderbird, etc.
Using the IMAP server settings, you can easily import ProtonMail to Apple Mail with the IMAP Backup Tool. It also allows you to backup IMAP emails locally in multiple formats such as PST, PDF, MBOX, CSV, EML, etc.
Steps to Migrate ProtonMail to Apple Mail Using IMAP Backup Tool
This section discusses how to add ProtonMail to Apple Mail using the IMAP Backup Software. Once the installation process is completed, run it as an administrator and execute the following steps.
- Enter the Username, Password, IMAP Host, and Port No. of your ProtonMail account. Now, click on the Sign In button.
- It shows the ProtonMail data in a tree structure. Select the folders you want to import and tap Next to proceed.
- From this wizard, choose the IMAP option from the dropdown of the Save/Backup/Migrate As option.
- Now, enter the credentials of your Apple Mail account, including username, password, IMAP host, and Port No. Click on the Sign In button to continue the process.
- This wizard offers additional features that will enable you to optimize the migration process. Select the options per your requirement and hit Convert to initiate the process.
After successfully executing the entire process, it will show the report of the whole process to import ProtonMail to Apple Mail. You can also click the Download Report to save it on your system.
ProtonMail was designed for security and privacy, allowing you to encrypt your email messages and attachments. However, due to its complex ecosystem and limited functionalities, most Mac users prefer Apple Mail over it. Therefore, this article provides two effective ways to add ProtonMail to Apple Mail. Using the ProtonMail Bridge App, you can accomplish this task manually. However, the IMAP Backup Tool makes it easier and offers additional features to optimize the entire process.
FAQ 1: Can you add ProtonMail to Apple Mail?
FAQ 2: How do I find my SMTP server for ProtonMail?
1. Click on the account username.
2. It expands the additional features.
3. Now, choose the Mailbox Configuration option.
4. Here, it will show a pop-up wizard that shows IMAP and SMTP settings of your account.