Summary: Recently, AOL Mail unprecedently shut down, and many users faced problems of being unable to log in to their AOL mailbox. Some of you may panic and seek an instant solution to fix the cannot login to AOL mail issue. So, this article provides you with some of the best and most tested approaches that fix your AOL mail login problem. Additionally, the AOL Mail Backup Tool can help you resolve your issue and offers various advantages.
AOL, American Online, is an internet service provider that has widely worked efficiently in the USA. However, in recent years, it has been revealed that Verizon sold it, which affects its email services because no one is willing to take responsibility for offering better services to its users. It affects its users’ credibility and causes many users to experience login issues.
Several other reasons that are responsible for AOL login problems are listed below.
Factors Contribute to Cannot Login to AOL Mail Issue.
In recent days, it has been observed that many AOL users also faced AOL Mail Not Working With Outlook. In this respect, there are some common factors that cause the AOL Login problem. These factors are listed below.
- Internet connection not successfully established.
- You have entered the wrong credentials.
- The AOL server denies access to AOL mail.
- Maybe you have forgotten your AOL mail account password.
- Sometimes Antivirus apps may intervene with your email client.
These are some causes that may be responsible for your inability to access your AOL email account. In the next part, we will learn various methods that can help you log in to your AOL email account.
Methods to Fix Cannot Login to AOL Problems
Although several methods can help you fix the issue, AOL mail is inaccessible. These methods are elaborate on underneath.
Method 1: Reset the Password of AOL Email
- Open AOL Email and go to the Name icon.
- From there, select Account Info.
- In the following wizard, select Account Security, and search for the Password option.
- After that, Change the password.
- Restart your AOL email account, and check issue Cannot Login to AOL Mail is resolved or not.
After following the steps, check whether you can log in to your AOL account. If not, check another workaround.
Method 2: Check IMAP and POP Server for AOL trouble signing in
Sometimes, third-party apps like Outlook, Gmail, etc., interfere with the AOL mail server. In this case, you should review your IMAP and POP settings. Check the IMAP and POP settings as defined below.
- IMAP Server Address: imap.aol.com
- Port No: 993
- POP Server Address: pop.aol.com
- Port No: 995
- SMTP Server Address: smtp.aol.com
- Port No: 465
Review your settings to check if your Cannot Login to AOL Mail issue is resolved. If not, check another one.
Also Read: Add AOL Account To Gmail
Method 3: Check Internet Connections to Fix AOL sign in problems
Often the internet connection was not properly established creating trouble in signing in to AOL mail. In this case, check your internet connection and log in to your AOL account.
If you are still unsuccessful in fixing the can’t login to AOL mail issue. Then you can switch off the security programs and firewalls as an alternative.
Method 4: Switch off the security programs and Antivirus firewalls
Sometimes your VPN or antivirus blocks your server and does not allow you to access your AOL account. In this case, disable your antivirus and try to re-login to your American Online account. Here are the steps to manage your antivirus and firewall settings.
- Open Firewall in your search bar.
- Go to the Advanced settings, then allow the apps.
- In the subsequent wizard, select the Inbound Rules under the window defender firewall with Advanced Security on the local Computer.
- Then check AOL if it is disallowed, allow it.
- Again go to the Outbound rules and allow the ports of AOL email.
Is your issue of Cannot Login to AOL Mail resolved or not? If you persist with this problem, you can use the AOL Mail Backup Tool. That can allow you to get rid of AOL Login problems. Additionally, this utility also offers so many features to its users.
Why choose AOL Mail Backup Tool?
The AOL Backup Tool is a complete solution for AOL emails. It saves your AOL emails securely on your local drive and in your chosen location. Moreover, it offers you several features that are listed below.
- It securely backup your data into email clients and file formats.
- Convert AOL mail into numerous formats like PST, PDF, HTML, DOCX, EML, MBOX, JPG, MSG, etc.
- User-friendly and simple GUI denies technical expertise.
- Allows you to migrate AOL to Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hostgator, Zoho Mail, Amazon Webmail, and various other popular email services.
- Maintain the hierarchy of your AOL mailbox.
- The Mail Filter option offers you to export your emails within two date ranges.
These are some advanced features of the utility that set it apart from the others in the market. Additionally, its mindless features allow its users to deal with most kinds of AOL problems.
In this write-up, we have discussed several authentic and approved techniques to troubleshoot the can’t login to AOL mail issue. These methods can help you fix this AOL login issue, where you have manual approaches to fix this problem. On the contrary, the AOL Mail Backup Tool is a one-stop solution for AOL mail. Apart from securing your data, it also migrates it into different file formats and email clients.