Microsoft Outlook is a well-known email client used for sending and receiving emails by accessing Microsoft Exchange Server. It is a part of the Microsoft Office Suite that provides access to email calendars, contacts, and task management. Recently, Microsoft has released the latest Outlook 2021 for Windows that allows users to manage their inbox in a better way including the Search at the top and Translator.
What is OST File Format?
However, when you configure your email account to Outlook, it stores a local copy of the information in your system. It enables you to access your previously downloaded or synchronized data without the internet. This information is stored in the OST format that is also known as offline Outlook Data File (.ost). Therefore, no new messages will be downloaded until your internet connection is established.
At this instant, the following three methods will help you to convert Outlook OST to PST.
- Export Outlook Mailbox Data to PST – Using MS Outlook
- Enable the Auto Archiving option to Convert OST file to PST
- Backup Offline OST file using Microsoft OST to PST Converter
In fact, the above methods are operational in Outlook 2021. These methods are also useful to open OST file without Outlook. Now, let’s discuss these methods in detail to perform the OST to PST Conversion.
#1 Export Outlook Mailbox Data to PST – Using MS Outlook
It is a simple and effective manual method to convert OST file to PST. You can easily export OST file data to PST with the help of Microsoft Outlook. The following steps will help you to backup the Outlook OST file to PST conveniently.
- Login to Microsoft Outlook with your Exchange Server account.
- Navigate to the File menu and click on the Open & Export to select the Import/Export option.
- Now, select Export to a file from this wizard and tap the Next button.
- Here, specify the output as Outlook Data File (.pst) and proceed to the next step.
- This panel provides an option to select the folder to export from. You can also check on the option to Include Subfolders.
- Now, browse and specify the location to save the resultant PST file on your system. Check on the additional option to Replace duplicates with items exported.
- In the end, click on the Finish button to end this OST to PST conversion.
In some instances, Outlook users search for the simple ways to convert OST to PDF because it is the most compatible format to backup your file data. Still, OST to PST conversion gains a lot of popularity to share the crucial Outlook data.
#2 Enable the Auto Archiving option to Convert OST file to PST
It also allows you to save OST to PST for free. However, you need to install and configure your Outlook with your Exchange Server account. After that, execute the following stepwise procedure to export OST to PST.
- Go to the File menu and select the Options.
- Then, click on the Advanced option to choose AutoArchive Settings.
- After that, define the duration to run AutoArchive and select the folder that you want to save as archived. You can also specify the other archiving settings from this wizard.
- In the end, click Ok to change OST file to PST by enabling the Auto Archiving option.
These two methods are the reliable solution to perform free OST to PST conversion. At the same time, some users want to convert OST to PST file without Outlook. In that case, the professional software approach is an effective solution to backup OST file to PST.
#3 Backup Outlook OST File to PST Using OST to PST Converter
This method is an automated approach to convert OST file to PST without Outlook. It comprises the best OST to PST Converter that securely allows you to perform this OST to PST conversion. However, before opting for such a utility, you need to ensure the following features to select the best OST to PST Converter online.
- It should allow the backup of multiple OST files to PST in a single run.
- You should be able to preview the file data before initiating OST to PST conversion.
- The software must save the resultant items in the same folder as it was in the source file.
- Generally, the OST file is of large size. Therefore, it should allow you to split the resultant PST file into smaller parts.
- It should provide an option to Remove Duplicate Mail to prevent the multiple conversion of the same file.
- Additionally, it should offer a free demo version that will allow you to analyze and experience its functionalities.
These are the extensive features that will help you to choose the best OST to PST Converter online. In this regard, Cigati Solutions has developed a top-notch utility that is embedded with all the above features. Using this advanced software you can also import Outlook OST to Office 365. Moreover, this OST to PST File Converter offers you to try the free demo version to analyze its performance.
Stepwise Working of the Microsoft OST to PST Converter
This comprehensive approach to backup Offline OST file is compatible with technical and non-technical users. You need to follow the below steps to convert OST file to PST with the help of an advanced OST to PST Converter.
- Download and Run the software as an administrator.
- Select the Single/Multiple Files options to browse and import OST files.
- From the tree structure, tick the folders to convert OST file to PST.
- Now, select the PST format from the dropdown of the Saves/Backup/Migrate As option.
- Here, it offers some Advanced Features to optimize the entire conversion process.
- In the end, specify the Destination Path and click on the Convert button to start the process.
As we know, Microsoft Outlook is a prominent email client used in many organizations. Therefore, it becomes essential to backup Outlook OST file to PST for the smooth working of the exchange server account. In that case, this blog proposed three prominent solutions to convert OST file to PST format. The first two methods offer manual solutions that help in free OST to PST conversion. Also, the last method introduced the best OST to PST Converter that is a fast and reliable way to convert Outlook OST file to PST format.
FAQ 1: How to convert OST to PST without Outlook?
1. Install and run the OST to PST Converter.
2. Select the Single or Multiple file options to import the OST files.
3. Now, select the folders you want to convert from the tree structure of your file data.
4. In the next step, select the PST format from the dropdown of Saves/Backup/Migrate/ as option.
5. This wizard allows you to choose its extensive features.
6. Then, define the custom folder name and destination path to save the resultant PST file.
7. In the end, click on the Convert button to start the process.