If you want to export Gmail emails to PST format, you have come to the right place. Before we get started, it’s important to note that this technique will only be useful if you experience an issue with your current email client, such as Outlook for example. This write-up will help you to perform this process manually. However, if you are searching to export Gmail to PST without Outlook, then you can opt for a reliable Gmail Backup Software to ensure high data integrity.
As we all know, Gmail is the most widely used email service provider. In today’s world, it has 2.2 billion monthly active users as compared to the other email services. Also, it is the most secure email communication platform. However, many people still don’t want to take the chance to lose their data from the cloud platform. Therefore, many people are looking for how to export Gmail emails to PST as a backup file. As PST file format is easily portable and can be migrated to any Outlook version easily. Now, before reaching directly to the solution. Let’s have a look at the causes behind the migration.
Why to Transfer Email from Gmail to Outlook?
Several instances induce the users to export Gmail emails to PST file format. Amongst them, some of them are listed below. Read them carefully.
- When the users want to transfer their Gmail data into the Outlook account.
- To add protection to their Gmail account data, users export Gmail to Outlook.
- MS Outlook PST file is importable and can be accessed in any version.
- In case of permanent deletion of the Gmail account, users want migrating from Gmail to Outlook.
- It can also help to backup Gmail emails to hard drive in PST format.
After understanding all the above-listed reasons, users want to export Gmail emails to Outlook. Consequently, converting email from Gmail to PST is beneficial for them. So, let’s continue further towards the process of migrating Gmail to PST file format.
How to Transfer Email from Gmail to Outlook?
In this section, we are going to discuss the free manual approach and professional approach to export Gmail emails to PST format of Outlook. In the first method, you can configure the Gmail account within Outlook, and in the next method, you can directly export Gmail emails to PST format. For this, you need to follow the step-by-step process of each method carefully.
Method 1: Configure Gmail Account in Outlook
Follow the given below steps carefully to configure your Gmail account with the Outlook application.
- Open the desktop-based Outlook application and navigate to the File tab.
- Click on the Add Account option in the Info tab.
- Now, enter your Gmail email address and press the Connect button.
- In the next step, enter your password and press the Sign in button.
Here your Gmail account is successfully configured with the Microsoft Outlook account. Now, you can export your Gmail emails into Outlook PST format using the inbuilt feature.
Export Gmail Emails into Outlook PST
- Again navigate to the File tab.
- Click on the Open & Export option to select the Import/Export icon.
- After that, opt for the Export to a File option. Press Next.
- Now, choose the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and tap on the Next button.
- Select the folder of the Gmail account you want to export as PST and click on the Next button.
- Then, click on the Browse button to choose a specific path for the exported PST file and hit the Finish button.
Using the above method, you can successfully export your Gmail emails into Outlook PST format by configuring both accounts.
Method 2: Backup Gmail to PST Using Professional Approach
Gmail backup software is the foremost utility that transfers the entire Gmail emails into PST, PDF, CSV, MBOX, HTML, MHTML, EML, EMLX, MSG, and many more file formats. Also, the software is capable of migrating Gmail emails to Office 365, Yahoo Mail, Thunderbird, Hotmail, iCloud, Opera Mail, and many web-based or cloud-based email services. In addition, the tool is competent enough to save backup Gmail emails including the entire mailbox items such as emails, contacts, calendars, notes, etc.
Steps to Export Gmail Emails to PST without Outlook
- Download and Run Gmail backup software.
- Enter the Login Credentials of Gmail and press the Sign in button.
- Now, mark the required folders from the displayed tree structure and press the Next button.
- In the next step, select the Outlook PST format from the given drop-down menu and tap on the Next button.
- Then, tick the Optional Features from the software interface as per your choice.
- After that, click on the Path to Save button and set a desired path for the resultant file.
- Finally, hit the Convert button to start the migration process.
Why Choose Gmail Backup Software?
- The software migrates Gmail emails into different file formats and email clients.
- Back up all the Gmail components such as emails, contacts, calendar, notes, etc.
- Prevent conversion of the duplicate email items.
- Maintains the folder hierarchy throughout the conversion process.
- You can also transfer emails From Gmail to Gmail accounts.
In the above write-up, we have discussed the detailed process to export Gmail emails to PST files using manual and professional approaches. Although the manual approach is lengthy and time-consuming, thus we have introduced the professional approach that directly migrate Gmail emails to PST format. Users can opt for the best possible way for them. Thank you for reading this post! Feel free to contact us.