Over the years, Gmail has become the primary email account of most of us. We have personal as well as official Gmail accounts and have lots of emails on each of these accounts. If you are using multiple Gmail accounts, then you may want to transfer emails from one Gmail account to another in a fast and easy manner. Also, there are some instances, where users want to migrate Gmail to Office 365 to switch to the cloud environment. In this blog, you will look at the different ways in which you can transfer your emails from one Gmail account to another in a very convenient manner.
Why to Migrate Gmail to Gmail?
There are several reasons why users want to transfer emails from Gmail to Gmail. Therefore, we have listed some of the reasons that are the major causes behind the migration. Read all of them carefully.
- If the Google Mail account is inactive or has been removed.
- When the Google account storage space is full, thus users need to migrate Gmail to Gmail.
- Due to the hackers or malware intrusions in the Gmail account.
- While intercepting unauthorized access to the Gmail account.
All the above reasons influence the users to transfer emails from Gmail to Gmail accounts. Thus, after going through all the reasons, let’s proceed ahead towards knowing the detailed process regarding the same. You can also backup Gmail emails to hard drive for having a copy of emails in case of accidental deletion.
Best Possible Ways to Import Email from Gmail to Gmail
In this section, we are going to discuss the free manual techniques to transfer emails from Gmail to Gmail accounts. Here we have split the technique into two parts. In the first part, you have to enable the IMAP of the old Gmail account, after that, transfer the Gmail emails to another Gmail account. Follow the below-mentioned steps in a proper sequence.
Part 1: Enable IMAP in Old Gmail Account
- Sign in to the Old Gmail account using the Gmail Credentials.
- Move to the Gear icon and click on the See All Settings option.
- Enable the radio button of IMAP in the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Finally, tap on the Save Changes button to enable IMAP settings.
After enabling the IMAP settings, now we are moving ahead to the other part for the Gmail to Gmail migration.
Part 2: Configure Old Gmail to New Gmail Account
- Login to the New Gmail account in which you need to transfer the emails.
- Navigate the Gear icon and choose the See All Settings options.
- Click on the Add Mail Account option in the Account and Import tab and check the mail from other accounts.
- In the next step, enter the Email Address from which you want to transfer emails and tap on the Next button.
- Choose the Import Emails from My Other Account (POP3) and click on the Next button.
- Now, select pop.gmail.com from the POP Server and choose 995 from the POP drop-down option.
- Then, mark the option Leave a Copy of the retrieved message option.
- Here tick Always Uses a Secure Connection (SSL) when retrieving the mail option.
- After that, tap on the Add button to configure both the accounts with each other.
- Press the Yes or No button if I like to be able to send mail at email@example.com.
- At last, you have to follow the given instructions if you choose the Yes option and if no then close the account.
Using both the above parts, you can successfully transfer your emails from one Gmail account to another. But the process is quite lengthy to perform. Hence we are going to introduce the professional approach that directly transfer emails from Gmail to Gmail account.
Professional Approach to transfer emails from Gmail to Gmail
Gmail Backup Software is an effective solution that helps the users to export Gmail emails to PST, PDF, MBOX, EML, EMLX, HTML, MHTML, MSG, and many more file formats. Also, this utility migrates emails from Gmail to Gmail, Yahoo, Office 365, Thunderbird, Hotmail, iCloud, Opera Mail, Amazon Webmail, etc. Apart from that, the software is embedded with multiple advanced features that provide a smooth working experience to its users.
We hope you enjoyed this article on how to import email from Gmail to Gmail. We know that it can be difficult to find the right way to do something online since there are so many different resources with information that can be outdated or simply just wrong. This article is meant to be a resource that will provide you with accurate, up-to-date information on how to transfer emails from Gmail to Gmail. You can also try using the Gmail Backup Tool for this purpose. It is suitable to export Gmail emails to PST along with many other file formats and email clients. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.